Commander Injuries: Thrash, Taylor Out, Moss Questionable

sjordan6

Reaction score
The Washington Post just reported that Sean Taylor is definitely out with a sprained knee and will miss at least their next two games against the Cowboys and Tampa Bay. The MRI came back that it was a grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

James Thrash will also miss the Cowboys game with a high ankle sprain. The team performed a MRI on his total leg and the X-rays showed no severe knee damage. The teams Director of Sports Medicine, Bubba Tyre, says "On a grade of one to three its a grade one sprain."

Santana Moss, who missed Sundays loss to the Eagles, got his MRI back that revealed no further damage to his heel or leg. Moss has been battling a groin injury and has missed several games this season. Moss says he is expected to start running and practicing with the team this week and expects to play on Sunday against the Cowboys.

Marcus Washington, the Commander starting LB, was able to practice last week with the team but did not play in Sundays loss. He was listed as probable on the injury report but was unable to play. Washington has been cautious with his lingering hamstring and doesnt want to do further damage by coming back too soon. "You're still kind of guessing because you havent been through it-you havent ran at full strength yet-so I'll probably go through a couple of practices and let it loose and see where we go from there."

The Commanders will also be without starting cornerback Carlos Rogers, who is on injured reserve.

Cornelieus(sp) Griffin is probable with a sore back that has really limited his effectiveness.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Who are the Commanders going to throw the ball to????

Nav22

Reaction score
Guess you missed this part...

Moss says he is expected to start running and practicing with the team this week and expects to play on Sunday against the Cowboys.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AtlCB;1763433 said:

Mega-bust Brandon Lloyd... 90 year-old Keenan McCardell and Randall El, who still isn't much of a receiver.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1763441 said:
Mega-bust Brandon Lloyd... 90 year-old Keenan McCardell and Randall El, who still isn't much of a receiver.

If we give up a pass to Lloyd in this game, I will blow a gasket!

The only thing they do with him is have him run in a straight line down the field, and have Quincy heave the ball at him as hard as he can... usually overthrowing him or underthrowing him by about a foot or two.

If they actually connect on one of these prayers against us, I'll be furious.

Cooley is really their only receiving threat. Take him away, and it's lights out.

JPM

Reaction score
Mr. Landry please meet Mr. Witten. :eek:hboy:

Woods

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1763492 said:
Cooley......remember the our last game vs Wash :eek::

It's pay back time vs. Washington this time around.

sjordan6

Reaction score
Yea, its kinda funny that when you think you have all the tools to win against the Commanders then something dumb happens. I have learned my lesson against trying to predict the outcome of these Commanders games.

But I will say that these are not the same Cowboys and they are beating teams because they are simply better and execute. The Cowboys should be able to win this game by playing their base defense and not trying nothing fancy with alot of blitzes.

Woods

Reaction score
sjordan6;1763505 said:
Yea, its kinda funny that when you think you have all the tools to win against the Commanders then something dumb happens. I have learned my lesson against trying to predict the outcome of these Commanders games.

But I will say that these are not the same Cowboys and they are beating teams because they are simply better and execute. The Cowboys should be able to win this game by playing their base defense and not trying nothing fancy with alot of blitzes.

As long as we don't turn the ball over and we're "up" for this game, we win. Hopefully, we don't become complacent.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
It's the offensive line injuries that are really killing them. With so many injuries there, their running game has been inconsistent at best.

Jason Campbell can only be a decent QB in this league if they have a dominant running attack. He can throw an ok (but overrated) deep ball and that's about it.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Thrash I'm not really worried about, and you could have had a point about the running game being weak, but Portis did well against the Eagles. Can we please end the myth of Betts being as good, or interchangeable, yet?

Missing Thrash (call me crazy) hurts more in special teams, but I haven't really seen anything that makes me nervous about Dallas' special teams.

Marcus Washington will probably see limited action, and has been replaced very well by Randall Godrey.

It's the Sean Taylor thing that really makes me nervous. Landry is still a rookie and prone to rookie mistakes (play action, pump fakes, double moves, bad angles, etc) so you can't really expect him to step up into Taylor's role. Prioleau is no Taylor, and is in every facet, inferior.

But beside that, I am nervous because I thought Taylor matched up well against the type of throws and plays that Romo makes. He plays a lot like Brett Farve and will throw up a couple of floaters and Taylor definitely has the capability to make up that space and grab those INTs. He had 2 against Farve, and dropped another 3. But with him out, Prioleau just can't fill that role. He also can't hit or tackle as well as Taylor, and that's key going against Barber and TO.

I'm not saying I don't think we have a chance, you never know with these games, but the match-ups don't fare well for the Skins right now.

Woods

Reaction score
lcharles;1763725 said:
I hope we hang 50 on the skins. No Mercy.

:D

That may finally bring Gibbs to retirement. First the Pats, and then the Cowboys . . . . hanging 50+. :D

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
sjordan6;1763505 said:

I agree. It seems like weird things always happen in these games. We should beat them easily barring a lot of penalties and turnovers.

But like you said, this Cowboys team is taking care of business the way it should be taken care of. Any thing could happen, but I feel pretty good about our chances.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1763758 said:
I agree. It seems like weird things always happen in these games. We should beat them easily barring a lot of penalties and turnovers.

But like you said, this Cowboys team is taking care of business the way it should be taken care of. Any thing could happen, but I feel pretty good about our chances.

This is the same feeling I had last year, until that weird face mask call at the end of the game to get them in field goal range....I'm hoping for total domination to belittle them and ultimately causing them to have doubt about their team and the rest of their season....:starspin

sjordan6

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1763767 said:
[/b]

This is the same feeling I had last year, until that weird face mask call at the end of the game to get them in field goal range....I'm hoping for total domination to belittle them and ultimately causing them to have doubt about their team and the rest of their season....:starspin

Yea last year really sucked because the team didnt play well ( Romo did but I still remember that long TD pass T.O. dropped) and still should have won. It was the game that Vanderjerk's kicked was blocked and he blamed his teammate for his missed block.

My point is this is a very different team. Parcells, without question, had the better team last season and his teams somehow would always falter toward the end of the season. I have said this before that BP was a walking oxymoron. He drafted well and turned around a morbid franchise but also outcoached himself and didnt get the most out of his players.

The Cowboys made too many mistakes and frankly used thier conservative schemes to keep teams in games.

This season is a totally different team. The are well coached and use their weapons wisely.

The only difference from last years team is Davis. And you could offset him with injury to Glenn. Sure that team scored alot of points but its how this years team is scoring. Its how this years team is coming together and winning with emotion.

The Cowboys will win Sunday but this time it will not be close.