Commanders a potential suitor for Abraham

cowheel

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a repost...

Commanders | Team a potential suitor for Abraham
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:26:01 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the Washington Commanders are apparently a potential suitor for New York Jets DE John Abraham. As noted earlier, Abraham is expected to receive the franchise tag from the team and then be traded.

How could this happen - seeing that the Skins have no 1st round pick and are supposedly on the verge of "Cap Hades"?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This just in, the Skins are possible suitors for Jesus come FA. He will take over for Derrick Dockery and they'll then trade for Allah to play center for Rabach. They should have enough cap room to clear it, 30% rule be damned.

Rich......

superpunk

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
This just in, the Skins are possible suitors for Jesus come FA. He will take over for Derrick Dockery and they'll then trade for Allah to play center for Rabach. They should have enough cap room to clear it, 30% rule be damned.

Rich......

Jesus is an offensive lineman? Doesn't seem to fit.....:confused: LOL

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
WHat do they have to work with?

I would imagine the Jets want a #1, which Washington doesn't have...

It would be a lopsided trade if it were a player thing...

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
trickblue said:
WHat do they have to work with?

I would imagine the Jets want a #1, which Washington doesn't have...

It would be a lopsided trade if it were a player thing...
probably ramsey and a pick, weren't they interested in him last year but the skins refused?

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Yep. The Jets enjoy getting raped by the Commanders every year.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Cap Hell, now one of the biggest names in Free Agency...someone shine some light on this, I must be missing something.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Cap Hell, now one of the biggest names in Free Agency...someone shine some light on this, I must be missing something.
Um...Joe Gibbs is tight with God.

sago1

Reaction score
No, Joe Gibbs knows he is God and thus able to forgive the sins of any of his players.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich......

I see some potential chemistry problems with that move.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
cowheel said:
Don't know if this is a repost...

Commanders | Team a potential suitor for Abraham
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:26:01 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the Washington Commanders are apparently a potential suitor for New York Jets DE John Abraham. As noted earlier, Abraham is expected to receive the franchise tag from the team and then be traded.

How could this happen - seeing that the Skins have no 1st round pick and are supposedly on the verge of "Cap Hades"?

lol, He was just franchised again today by the Jets, if he is traded he will have a top 5 salary for his position. The Deadskins can't even afford to keep who they have much less take on another high profile contract.

:starspin

superpunk

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
lol, He was just franchised again today by the Jets, if he is traded he will have a top 5 salary for his position. The Deadskins can't even afford to keep who they have much less take on another high profile contract.

:starspin

Actually, I believe the trade would have to include a long-term deal from the Skins, and draft pick compensation. Most likely a first, which they are noticably lacking. But I'm no expert.

lspain1

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Jesus is an offensive lineman? Doesn't seem to fit.....:confused: LOL

I think Jesus is a skill position player...a Free Safety....

He makes all those "saving" plays!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Commanders a potential suitor for Abraham

Of course they are... cuz they have that first round pick they can tra... oh wait, no they DON'T.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Rack said:
Of course they are... cuz they have that first round pick they can tra... oh wait, no they DON'T.

Dude, what you been smokin'? Those are some seriously red eyes.