Commanders cap update From KFFL

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Commanders | Portis' mom being sued
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:56:24 -0800

The Washington Post reports the mother of Washington Commanders RB Clinton Portis is being sued for an altercation with a fan at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field last season, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Lisa Walker is suing Portis' mother Rhonnel Y. Hearn in federal court. Hearn was moved to the Commanders' sideline after striking someone she claimed had doused her with beer, and after the game Portis said his mother had bloodied the nose of an unruly fan. Walker's lawyer says she was not responsible for the thrown beer.

Commanders | No decision in Poston case
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:54:44 -0800

The Washington Post reports a hearing took place Wednesday, Feb. 22, in the NFL Players Association's investigation into agent Carl Poston. He represents Washington Commanders LB LaVar Arrington. A ruling in the matter, which could result in a fine or suspension for the agent, has not been made, and an appeal could follow.

Commanders | Team could release Jacobs
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:54:15 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders could release WR Taylor Jacobs in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team could release Thrash
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:53:42 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders could release WR James Thrash in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team could release Wynn
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:52:58 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders could release DE Renaldo Wynn in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team expected to release Hall
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:52:14 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are expected to release PK John Hall in a salary cap related move.

KFFL | Save Hours and Hours of Research

Gaining an edge on your fellow owners will bring you a championship. That's a fact and KFFL helps you gain that edge. Since 1996, we've produced quality services that has helped thousands win the their local leagues as well as high stake leagues. KFFL has also won multiple Expert Championships. We've proven year after year our service works. Isn't it time you treated yourself to a service that separates fact from fiction? Give the a shot - you won't be disappointed. [ ]

Commanders | Team expected to release Raymer
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:51:18 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are expected to release OC Cory Raymer in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team expected to release Noble
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:50:41 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are expected to release DT Brandon Noble in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team expected to release Harris
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:50:06 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are expected to release CB Walt Harris in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team expected to release Bowen
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:48:38 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are expected to release S Matt Bowen in a salary cap related move.

Commanders | Team has made no progress with Thomas
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:48:03 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders have made no progress in their attempt to restructure the contract of OL Randy Thomas.

Commanders | Team has made no progress with Brunell
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:47:19 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders have made no progress in their attempt to restructure the contract of QB Mark Brunell.

Commanders | Team has made no progress with Jansen
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:46:20 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders have made no progress in their attempt to restructure the contract of OT Jon Jansen.

Commanders | Team has had no recent talks with Arrington
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:45:15 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders have had no recent discussions with LB LaVar Arrington, who will cost the team $12 million against the cap in 2006, sources said.

Commanders | Trying to trade Ramsey
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:44:02 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders are trying to trade QB Patrick Ramsey. Two teams that have been mentioned as potential suitors are the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Commanders | Team working to trim salary cap
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:39:21 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Commanders have less than a week to trim about $20 million from the payroll to come in under the 2006 salary cap. The Commanders have about $114 million dedicated to the 2006 salary cap, which is projected to be set at about $95 million per team.

sago1

Reaction score
Any of these players of interest to the Cowboys, particularly OL?

If Post is correct, when my brother (Commanders fan) returns to Washington, D.C. area from his vacation, he is going to go crazy. When I even ventured to indicate Skins might have cap problem, he assured me that wasn't the case & all they had to do was cut/trade 1-2 guys and restructure 2-3 others. Actually I think those listed are just the starting edge of players who will have to go. If Ramsey cut & Brunell unwilling so far to restructure, whose going to start at QB? Think I'll pay a visit to ExtremeRedskinforum just to read what's happening there; I never post, just read.

ghst187

Reaction score
That's a lot of decent role players they are having to cut. Not that they can't be replaced cuz none of them are overwhelming but none of them are that bad either and obviously fared well last year within the respective scheme. Bowen isn't a bad S. Not that I'd want him or Thrash or Wynn but taken all together, their loss is going to be a serious body blow to the team. I think they will lose someone big, maybe Jansen. Now he's someone I would be interested in.
Maybe Snyder satan willl have a stroke of his typical GM epiphanies and decide in order to cut costs and get under the cap, they'll play this season without a kicker. They'll just go for it on 4th down go for 2 everytime.

burmafrd

Reaction score
What a lot of skins fans and their excuse makers seem to not want to face up to: for every player they cut- they are going to have to replace with someone cheaper- but THAT player will still cost at least the minimum. So they are going to have to cut more then have been mentioned. You cut 4 players that make 1 mill each- that saves 4 mill- BUT you have to sign 4 players - say at 350 each- that comes up to 1.4 mill. So you only save 2.6

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Any of these players of interest to the Cowboys, particularly OL?

Maybe Hall, but I'm pretty sure they can land a much better FA kicker.

The chances of either Samuels or Jansen being cut are none, but if one of them were to be available, I'd take Samuels. He's just as good of a left tackle as Jansen is at right tackle and he's younger. Furthermore, he's younger. Take Samuels, move Flozell to right tackle and then they could focus on getting a young guard in the draft instead of an OT.

But like I said, they won't release either of the OT's.

Outside of that, Harris is the best player of the bunch, but Dallas is more than set at CB right now.

Rich......

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
lcharles said:
Does anyone else think this is funny? :lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao2:

all of those players that are likely to be cut either barely played this year or were terrible...or both.

that is just hilarious. :rolleyes:

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
ooooh Randy Thomas is the best player on their line, if he is cut! we had better jump on that and sign him up for 3-4 years.

burmafrd

Reaction score
All those mentioned as possible cuts hardly played or were horrible? Really.
But if they played and were horrible- why were they playing if there was someone better on the team? Come on- show some guts and admit the situation is bad for the skins. Oh- forgot- that means honesty; that is illegal in Washington.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
But if they played and were horrible- why were they playing if there was someone better on the team? Come on- show some guts and admit the situation is bad for the skins. Oh- forgot- that means honesty; that is illegal in Washington.
Destroy their depth, you destroy the team. Stars or not, every player except the 50-53rd guys are important. If you were a rotation guy, their rotation just got weaker and the star now has to play harder and smarter and longer.

Oh yea, this is music to my ears, maybe not the names I wanted to see, but to see them have to release 10 players with nochance at a real FA, oh yea, I am liking this.

k19

Reaction score
can we take Noble bank, that guy is a class act

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
k19 said:

that's absolutely crazy... no way!! He blew out his knee... dang near completely... we are set at D-line anyway.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
k19 said:
He went to Wash because he wanted to start. He wouldn't even see any playing time here.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:

if that's a question- yes.

But if they played and were horrible- why were they playing if there was someone better on the team?

that's an odd question. have the cowboys never had anyone play who turned out to not be a very good player? i've read a ton of threads on this board about how players have sucked.

but, as i said, its not always about a player being horrible. in some cases, there wasnt anyone better. in some cases, players were playing due to injury and proved to not be able to handle a starter role. and half those players have had injury problems and/or are near the end of their careers.

Come on- show some guts and admit the situation is bad for the skins. Oh- forgot- that means honesty; that is illegal in Washington.

it could be bad if they dont get a new agreement. no need to take an unwarrrented shot at my integrity.

ghst187

Reaction score
riggo said:
if that's a question- yes.

that's an odd question. have the cowboys never had anyone play who turned out to not be a very good player? i've read a ton of threads on this board about how players have sucked.

but, as i said, its not always about a player being horrible. in some cases, there wasnt anyone better. in some cases, players were playing due to injury and proved to not be able to handle a starter role. and half those players have had injury problems and/or are near the end of their careers.

it could be bad if they dont get a new agreement. no need to take an unwarrrented shot at my integrity.

Hey Riggo, I don't think anyone here is able to say that any of those players you guys cut were indispensable or impact guys but I think most of them were decent players that at least gave some quality depth. They aren't great players but they aren't just replaced with cheap guys off the streets either without a drop off in talent/skill.
Start losing quality depth and a team is only one or two key injuries away from losing its entire season. I don't think your ship is sinking yet but I think having to cut all those guys is somewhat of a body blow.

Now there definitely are some impact guys that have their heads on the chopping block if they don't seriously renegotiate and odds are against (IMO) Wash being able to bring ALL of them back. I think they're going to have to give up a very good player or two. Even Brunnel has to completely redo his contract, one that he isn't going to be all that crazy about redoing. He's turned out to be a great signing, but I remember hearing about the contract he signed and thinking, ***? They could've gotten him a lot cheaper.