Commanders | Jerry Gray could go to Washington

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:11:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray could coach with the Washington Commanders for the 2006 season. With the hiring of Bills head coach Dick Jauron, Gray will likely not be retained as the team's defensive coordinator. With Commanders cornerbacks/secondary coach DeWayne Walker possibly leaving to coach at UCLA, Gray could find himself taking Walker's former job with the Commanders.

1fisher

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:11:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray could coach with the Washington Commanders for the 2006 season. With the hiring of Bills head coach Dick Jauron, Gray will likely not be retained as the team's defensive coordinator. With Commanders cornerbacks/secondary coach DeWayne Walker possibly leaving to coach at UCLA, Gray could find himself taking Walker's former job with the Commanders.

Looks like Danny Boy is loading up on coaches since his cap dollars are tight!!!! I since a blow-up with all these "High profile" coaches and assistants. Just wait til they lose two or three games next season! We need to sweep them!!!!:starspin :starspin :starspin

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Rumor has it that some of the cheaper owners will try to institute a cap for coaches and are really pissed at Snyder for throwing the salary structure of coaches into dissarray. The cap was supposedly brought up by Craft.

Gaede

Reaction score
damn, I hope that's not true.

Go somewhere else Jerry! Please!

1fisher

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Looks like Danny Boy is loading up on coaches since his cap dollars are tight!!!! I since a blow-up with all these "High profile" coaches and assistants. Just wait til they lose two or three games next season! We need to sweep them!!!!:starspin :starspin :starspin

He had better hope Saunders can get something out of Brunell/Campbell/Ramsey, and another wide out.... otherwise, they're going nowhere!

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I remember when Jerry was a quarterback at Estacado High School in Lubbock.

Time flies.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Chief said:
I remember when Jerry was a quarterback at Estacado High School in Lubbock.

Time flies.

Wow. I went to Coronado High School.

Estacado can kiss my ***.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Rumor has it that some of the cheaper owners will try to institute a cap for coaches and are really pissed at Snyder for throwing the salary structure of coaches into dissarray. The cap was supposedly brought up by Craft.

You cannot put a cap on coaches salaries

There is no "coaches union" nor do they have a CBA with the owners

In fact, they are not even considered "labor" as far as the NFL is concerned, they are part of managment

So thusly, there will never be a cap on coaches

But of course, nobody complained that Mike Tice as a head coach was only making 700k a year either

BigWillie

Reaction score
I call BS.

Gray could easily find a DC job somewhere else if he wanted.

Not to mention, Gray is one of the better and most respected DC's in the league. Jauron would be an idiot to get rid of him.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I wil, write an express email to Taglabu if this goes down. Aint no damn way that Snyder supposed to be spending so much moneys legally!!

He's buying up all the best coaches out of their openings by paying them 4 or 5 times what they expected to get.

This have got to stop and it must not be completely legal. Thjere have to be some kind of tricky lawyering stuff going on at Deaskinland for them to do all this mess.

The NFL shoulds fine Snyder suspend him from ownership take some of that 300 millions he made last year and give it to the Cowboys and other teams that are run honest.

Then he should look into Snyder and his back dealings on player contracts and salary cap manoovers. Aint no way everything is on the up and up on that.

Arrington may be a disgraceful ignorant fool but Snder prolly did sneak out of the conference room with the contract page that was supposed to giving him an extra 6 million dollars.

Hell with that money grubs type team.

Make me mad with their shanigans and the way they lie cheat and steal. End it up NOW NFL!!!

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:

wrong they are fully included in the current CBA and THUSLY are fully subjected to any such rules the nfl puts in place. And a new cba wouldn't change that either.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
You cannot put a cap on coaches salaries

There is no "coaches union" nor do they have a CBA with the owners

In fact, they are not even considered "labor" as far as the NFL is concerned, they are part of managment

But of course, nobody complained that Mike Tice as a head coach was only making 700k a year either

This comes from Spags column yesterday:

Wonder if Washington paying defensive coordinator Gregg Williams $2.7 million a year and newly hired offensive coordinator Al Saunders a cool $2 million a year will cause the NFL and NFLPA to look at a possible salary cap for staffs? Because right now the hang-ups on the new CBA have to do mostly with revenue-sharing . . . .

And all these new coaches are starting to share a lot of revenue.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
wrong they are fully included in the current CBA and THUSLY are fully subjected to any such rules the nfl puts in place. And a new cba wouldn't change that either.

No they are not. Go through the CBA and find me where it says coaching staffs are subject to the same rules as the players

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete

Staffs are part of management, sort of like line supervisors in factories

Sherman Anti Trust Act wouldn't allow it

Is the NFL going to tell Dan Snyder how to pay stadium workers next? What a joke