Commanders | Noble dealing with another infection in his knee

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:35:51 -0800

The Washington Post reports Washington Commanders DL Brandon Noble (knee) missed the entire 2005 season with a knee injury. Now, he is trying to recover from an infection that has recurred in his surgically repaired knee. He is back on crutches after another surgery and is back on a regimen of antibiotics. Noble is all but certain his playing career is over, and is trying to avoid more surgery after this latest infection is treated. Noble contracted a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection from having his knee drained repeatedly, and fears he may have another now. The Commanders approached Noble about a job in scouting or coaching when he retires, but Noble said he might need a respite from football before pursuing his interest in coaching.
-------------

Almost feel bad for the guy. Left here cuz he was tired of losing. And he hasn't played but a few games since then.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't an infection what cut Greg Lloyds career short?

sago1

Reaction score
Just wanted to correct your statement that Noble left the Cowboys because he was tired of losing. If that was the case, why did he sign with the losing Skins, who we always beat. Noble started at DT for us from 2-4 years but Cowboys chose not to resign him (he was unable generate QB pressure but was slightly better against the run), instead we opted sign FA DT/DE LaRoi Glover of NO. Glover has of course played very well for us, repeatedly going to the pro bowl. Noble signed with the Skins (don't know if he get any offers) also because he had family in the area in Maryland. Cowboys fans had nothing ill to say about Glover and wished him well; he was always a team player, hard worker & always showed up to play the best he could but he simply wasn't a starting DT & we needed improvement on our DL. His career since signing with the Skins has been one of season-ending injury on at least 2 occasions. That's said because he certainly a credit to any team while there seems to be so many NFL thugs who shouldn't be playing. But we all know nothing is fair, especially in the NFL.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sago1 said:
Just wanted to correct your statement that Noble left the Cowboys because he was tired of losing. If that was the case, why did he sign with the losing Skins, who we always beat.
He made the statement in an article soon after signing w/the skins. Don't ask me why. Guess he thought they were closer than we were.

I'd try to find the article, but no time to do it right now.