Commanders rookie Taylor pleads not guilty to DUI charge

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score

Taylor was arrested on October 27 on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and also refusing to take a breathalyzer test.

The incident occurred early in the morning on Washington's beltway. Taylor, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, was pulled over by a Virginia state trooper after the officer suspected that Taylor had been drinking.

According to Virginia State Police Lt. Harry Newlin, Taylor failed some sobriety tests after he was pulled over. The rookie out of Miami was detained and later released on an unsecured bond.

A trial date of January 5 has been scheduled.

In his senior season with the Hurricanes, Taylor was named a consensus first- team All-American, the Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Year and was a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award given to the nation's best defensive back.

In 10 games this season, Taylor has one sack and one interception for the 3-8 Commanders.

Washington hosts the New York Giants on Sunday.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
some guys don't have the sense that God gave a donkey.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Um.....I generall don't comment negitivly on my teams players. If you are caught on TAPE driving bad enough to get pulled over., fail the sober tests, and DON'T put up a fight when the coach punishes you, I'd say you are guilty.

What kind of case could be possible have?......If he says the devil made him do it I'll die :eek: .......

I don't understand how this kid could be raised by that Dad and have that level of common sense......

Sure is a good player though:D

edit:...I just remembered he DID NOT take the S. Test.....

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Um.....I generall don't comment negitivly on my teams players. If you are caught on TAPE driving bad enough to get pulled over., fail the sober tests, and DON'T put up a fight when the coach punishes you, I'd say you are guilty.

What kind of case could be possible have?......If he says the devil made him do it I'll die :eek: .......

I don't understand how this kid could be raised by that Dad and have that level of common sense......

Sure is a good player though:D

edit:...I just remembered he DID NOT take the S. Test.....
in my state, refusal to take the test is an automatic guilty and loss of license.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sean Taylor isn't a great player yet. He'll probably be great in a couple of years, but he isn't at the moment.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Rack said:
Sean Taylor isn't a great player yet. He'll probably be great in a couple of years, but he isn't at the moment.

with his tools he should be......unless he's one of those guys who just never grows up mentally.....

Could you imagine the press if Taylor never reached potential.....

:eek:

I couldn't defend that thread......

I don't wanna think about that one..... :(

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
dmq said:

Taylor was arrested on October 27 on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and also refusing to take a breathalyzer test.

The incident occurred early in the morning on Washington's beltway. Taylor, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, was pulled over by a Virginia state trooper after the officer suspected that Taylor had been drinking.

According to Virginia State Police Lt. Harry Newlin, Taylor failed some sobriety tests after he was pulled over. The rookie out of Miami was detained and later released on an unsecured bond.

A trial date of January 5 has been scheduled.

In his senior season with the Hurricanes, Taylor was named a consensus first- team All-American, the Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Year and was a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award given to the nation's best defensive back.

In 10 games this season, Taylor has one sack and one interception for the 3-8 Commanders.

Washington hosts the New York Giants on Sunday.

I live in VA . . . and I'm 99% certain that if you drive in VA . . . you don't have a choice when asked to take a breathalizer . . .

If you refuse . . . it is an admission of guilt . . .

Again . . . there is that 1% of uncertainty . . . but I am almost sure that is the law here in the Commonwealth.

So . . . I really don't know that Sean Taylor or his lawyer are thinking.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Taylor is a poor man's Roy Williams, what a waste of a draft pick. I myself am shocked he isnt doing better (and that he isnt to bright, either).

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Taylor is a poor man's Roy Williams, what a waste of a draft pick. I myself am shocked he isnt doing better (and that he isnt to bright, either).

You're right unless that poor man wants a safety that can cover somebody....anybody. Taylor is an athlete not a undersized linebacker trying to play in the secondary. If you don't think that he is "doing better" then you haven't been watching the games.
:rolleyes:

franchise

Reaction score
Minnesota has the same law, you refuse the breathalizer or a blood test, you are guilty.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
You're right unless that poor man wants a safety that can cover somebody....anybody. Taylor is an athlete not a undersized linebacker trying to play in the secondary. If you don't think that he is "doing better" then you haven't been watching the games.

He tends to argue green is purple so I left that one alone.....
:D

edited: for smiley.....sounds mean without it.....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:

OK, he had one big hit that made it on jacked up and now your all excited? Roy Williams lives on jacked up, theres one almost every week. RW may be a one trick pony but its one hell of a trick. :D

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
OK, he had one big hit that made it on jacked up and now your all excited? Roy Williams lives on jacked up, theres one almost every week. RW may be a one trick pony but its one hell of a trick. :D

lol.....I don't think he was saying, " RW SUX!!.".....I think his point was ST is getting better even though he still acts like a kid.......athough he techically still is one......21......at least he can drink leaglly though...lol.....too bad for us huh....

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

What I was saying is that Taylor is not a poor man's R. Williams. That is because Taylor is a complete player, not a "one trick pony" as you so correctly characterized Williams. Taylor is playing better every week as he gets adjusted to play at this level. He has been singled out for praise by the coaching staff each of the last couple weeks for his play. Greg Williams, who has coached some very good players at Tennessee, Buffalo, and now Washington has called him the most talented player that he has ever coached. Taylor has certainly made some mistakes off of the field. He is not the first person who at 21 has made some poor decisions. Myself included.