Commanders set on Landry or Okoye

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Confused?

Posted: Thursday April 26, 2007 08:39AM ET

Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye is considered a close second to LSU safety LaRon Landry by many within Commanders Park, but sources said the club would be comfortable taking either player Saturday and has told each of them that Washington would draft him unless the team trades the sixth pick.

Source: Washington Post

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me think why they would want landry. Their D line is the problem, not the secondary. I say let em draft Landry. I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
This is why the Commanders suck...Vinny Cerrato is a dummy; They already spent a 1st on Sean Taylor, why spend in on another? Thier secondary will be better than last year with Fred Smoot returning, thier d-line is what is terrible on thier team. Why they are even considering Landry at this point is beyond me. I hope they trade down for more picks....I don't want the boys to face either Landry OR Okoye.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I bet the pick landry so they can justify having the "highest paid safety" label.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1470399 said:
I don't want the boys to face either Landry OR Okoye.

I do! The RedStinks can get whoever/whatever they want...they are no threat whatsoever...

;)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Skins taking Landry after using a first on Taylor wouldn't be any dumber than the Cowboys taking Landry after using a first on Roy.

Personally, Landry is more of a SS type than a cover type. He has the speed, but he doesn't intercept the ball much and is said to take bad angles on deep balls...he's an in the box attacker, so it would actually make more sense for them to take him and play Taylor back deep than for us to take him and have yet another SS type. NO thanks.