Comp pick for Hatcher. what do we get?

cowboyvic

Reaction score
We lost a pro Bowl player. i say we get a 4th or a 5th. what say you?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't think we will get much at all to be quite honest. If we get a 7th I'll be surprised.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
d8kwa.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think we get anything.

As an aside, for anyone interested, the league gives out 32 comp picks. One full extra round. If there aren't 32 earned comp picks, they just complete the 32 extra picks with the draft order. The Bucs, then the Titans, etc.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It not based on performance it's based on salary . If we didn't sign Melton we would've got a 4th .

Noone is exactly sure what it is based on but there is reason to believe that games played and playing time factors in as well as salary.

Do a google serach of this site, comp picks, and AdamJT

Fredd

Reaction score
more important, when do they announce the comp picks?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't think we get anything.

As an aside, for anyone interested, the league gives out 32 comp picks. One full extra round. If there aren't 32 earned comp picks, they just complete the 32 extra picks with the draft order. The Bucs, then the Titans, etc.

I think they start considering value lost versus gained for the teams with an net movement of 0. The Giants and Steelers (maybe) received a pick a year or two go with an equal number of players leaving and going.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
If you sign free agents you lose a pick.

Hardy will cot us a comp net year.

Fredd

Reaction score
I think Hardy was released, thus, not subject to losing a pick (I could be wrong)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Carolina did not pick up his option. I don't think that counts as being released.

It wasn't an option. He was an UFA after being tagged last year. If an option is declined like with Melton it doesn't qualify for a comp.