Compensatory picks?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Does anybody know when the compensatory picks will be announced by the NFL? I dont recall seeing an official announcement by the league yet. Or did I just miss it?

thanks

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
They're usually announced on the first day of the NFL owners' meetings, which would be March 20 this year. We should get two sixth-round picks.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
They're usually announced on the first day of the NFL owners' meetings, which would be March 20 this year. We should get two sixth-round picks.

Thanks Adam. At least we can pick up for what we are losing for getting Coleman from Oakland.

AJM1613

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Do you know what the Eagles picks would be?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Figure it out yourself you lazy bum. Adam is a man of the cowboy fans. ;)

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I think you are getting a little to comfortable here. I tell you what, win a SB and I'll do the math for you. Deal. :laugh2:

:iggles:

Parcells Guy

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
two Tom Brady's anyone?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I wouldn't think they'd get any, but I don't know the entire formula.

They lost Carlos Emmons (15), Bobby Taylor (10) and Duce Staley (10), but gained Dhani Jones (16), Jeremiah Trotter (16), Jevon Kearse (14) and Dorsey Levens (15), not to mention the BS trade for Terrell Owens.

Basically, they lost three players that went on to play an average of 11 games, but signed 4 BETTER players that went on to play an average of 15 games.

In my mind that means no picks for them, but this is the NFL, so they may take them away from the Cowboys and give them to the Eagles.

AJM1613

Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
I wouldn't think they'd get any, but I don't know the entire formula.

They lost Carlos Emmons (15), Bobby Taylor (10) and Duce Staley (10), but gained Dhani Jones (16), Jeremiah Trotter (16), Jevon Kearse (14) and Dorsey Levens (15), not to mention the BS trade for Terrell Owens.

Basically, they lost three players that went on to play an average of 11 games, but signed 4 BETTER players that went on to play an average of 15 games.

In my mind that means no picks for them, but this is the NFL, so they may take them away from the Cowboys and give them to the Eagles.

Trotter/Douglas were cut so he doesn't count.
Owens was traded for so he doesn't count.

Emmons, Taylor, Staley, Vincent, Coleman lost.

Jones and Kearse signed.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
Figure it out yourself you lazy bum. Adam is a man of the cowboy fans. ;)

And how would I figure it out? Adam is the only one that I know of thatknows how to do this.

He told us last season on our site, but things change.