27th New England Patriots - Whitney Mercilus
28th Green Bay Packers - Harrison Smith
29th Baltimore Ravens - Mark Barron
30th San Francisco 49ers - Stephen Hill
31st New England Patriots - Peter Konz
32nd NY Giants - Coby Fleener

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Love it. Hightower is everything Spencer is not. He is also one of the most versatile defensive players in the draft, able to play inside and outside and also able to put his hand down and rush the passer. Just a great football player who just rounded back into form last year after recovering from a knee injury suffered in 09.

Was a dominant force in the BCS championship game and the respected leader of that defense. A student of the game and a warrior.

acer941

Reaction score
Rather take Janoris at 14 then trade back into the late first and take Hightower!

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
If Upshaw is available at 14 there is no way the Cowboys pass him up for Hightower.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
In this scenario, gotta take Dontari Poe. I'd take Cordy Glenn or Fletcher Cox over Hightower too.

visionary

Reaction score
BAT;4433799 said:
In this scenario, gotta take Dontari Poe. I'd take Cordy Glenn or Fletcher Cox over Hightower too.

you and me both

sign soliai or bryant in FA and draft Poe
with Rat on the other side

can you say dominant DL?

johnnyd

Reaction score
Fleener to the giants is a perfect pick.

i'd be happy if the eagles dont get Kuechly

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Interesting.

I won't grade it, but you should also reflect the Rams at 6 about the Commanders trade. Perhaps even put the position of the players drafted for some folks.

fortdick

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4433634 said:
Love it. Hightower is everything Spencer is not. He is also one of the most versatile defensive players in the draft, able to play inside and outside and also able to put his hand down and rush the passer. Just a great football player who just rounded back into form last year after recovering from a knee injury suffered in 09.

Was a dominant force in the BCS championship game and the respected leader of that defense. A student of the game and a warrior.

Hightower may be all that and a bag of chips, but will he be better than Spencer next season? I don't think so.

I also rememebr folks saying Spencer would be everything that Ellis was not. I point this out because it is not a sure thing.

Decastro is as close to a sure thing and guard is a bigger need. Remember, we only scored 5 rusing TD's last season.

Just saying

DFWJC

Reaction score
dthahn;4433661 said:
If Upshaw is available at 14 there is no way the Cowboys pass him up for Hightower.
I agree.

On a side note.....

If you all were in St Louis' position and sure to be armed with plenty of ammo after the trade, would you burn a top 6 pick on a WR when there my be 5 potential startinging WRs taken in the 1st 1 1/2 rounds?

Is Blackmon really worth a 6th pick (when maybe a Rueben Randal or the GT kid at 20-30 pick later may be as, or almost as, good)? Or are people slotting him in there due to fill SL's needs. I know mocks are putting him there, but I wonder about the value. AJ Green, I understood...but Blackmon?