Confidence issues abound

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Confidence is very valuable in any endeavor that one undertakes. It is especially important for sports teams and players. IMO the Cowboys have lacked confidence in many phases of their operation for a long time. This off season it seems to be that confidence has reached a new low. The culture around the team is poor but more importantly the confidence is currently a bigger issue.

Starting at the top it is hard to have confidence in Jones and Son to fill the many roster needs of this team. Most of the position groups have issues and needs. Too many to plug up in one draft. And our managers have become very timid when it comes to making trades and signing FA talent. The cap situation is not great; couple that with managers nearing three decades of failure and the confidence is almost gone. I truly believe that most of the fans already know this and I fear the coaches and players pretty much secretly accept it also.

Next we have a head coach that is in his last season on his current contract with no extension in sight. Jerry Jones has publicly threatened to fire MM the past three seasons if the team failed to make a playoff run. Well?? The coach obviously knows this and the players know it. Such makes for difficulties in the relationships between players and coaches.

Then we have the players. After the Green Bay playoff games there were rumblings about the QB play and team confidence in his abilities. A bit from players, more from the friends and family. Eight seasons is a long time for an NFL QB to go with very little if any true playoff success. Like it or not some players are questioning Dak Prescott and his ability to win the "big ones." Only Dak through his play can fix it. But it is also more that the QB. Again most position groups have needs. Hard to be confident when you look around at so many needy spots.

Tom Landry led with a quite in control personality that was so very confident. Jimmy Johnson was a fiery loud in your face type that was just as confident. Both had it. It worked. The Cowboys have not really showed much confidence in a long time. It is getting worse IMO. I hope I am wrong but...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You need to watch them on their podcasts, watch them promote their products and their brands, follow them on social media. Confidence is not lacking. They could not be more proud of themselves and what they have accomplished. You mistake playoff success for winning.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
You need to watch them on their podcasts, watch them promote their products and their brands, follow them on social media. Confidence is not lacking. They could not be more proud of themselves and what they have accomplished. You mistake playoff success for winning.
And all of that "promoting their products and brands" to make money is not winning. It is like a girl winning Miss Congeniality in a beauty contest. Nice but not really important. No one will really remember her. The only thing that is really important is the girl who won the CROWN.

shabazz

Reaction score
Confidence is very valuable in any endeavor that one undertakes. It is especially important for sports teams and players. IMO the Cowboys have lacked confidence in many phases of their operation for a long time. This off season it seems to be that confidence has reached a new low. The culture around the team is poor but more importantly the confidence is currently a bigger issue.

Starting at the top it is hard to have confidence in Jones and Son to fill the many roster needs of this team. Most of the position groups have issues and needs. Too many to plug up in one draft. And our managers have become very timid when it comes to making trades and signing FA talent. The cap situation is not great; couple that with managers nearing three decades of failure and the confidence is almost gone. I truly believe that most of the fans already know this and I fear the coaches and players pretty much secretly accept it also.

Next we have a head coach that is in his last season on his current contract with no extension in sight. Jerry Jones has publicly threatened to fire MM the past three seasons if the team failed to make a playoff run. Well?? The coach obviously knows this and the players know it. Such makes for difficulties in the relationships between players and coaches.

Then we have the players. After the Green Bay playoff games there were rumblings about the QB play and team confidence in his abilities. A bit from players, more from the friends and family. Eight seasons is a long time for an NFL QB to go with very little if any true playoff success. Like it or not some players are questioning Dak Prescott and his ability to win the "big ones." Only Dak through his play can fix it. But it is also more that the QB. Again most position groups have needs. Hard to be confident when you look around at so many needy spots.

Tom Landry led with a quite in control personality that was so very confident. Jimmy Johnson was a fiery loud in your face type that was just as confident. Both had it. It worked. The Cowboys have not really showed much confidence in a long time. It is getting worse IMO. I hope I am wrong but...
Great points all around. I just think that people should be ready for a seriously down season this year because of the reasons you just stated AND a first place schedule.

It would take a miracle for this team to even make it to a Championship game.

The FO has to purge the crap and bring in winners......of course they should start with themselves and hire a REAL GM

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

No you are not wrong, you are correct.
The Dallas Cowboys have become an Entertainment entity rather than a Sports Franchise.
It has literally become a circus, where its all about the show.
Winning is not the focus it needs to be.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm confident I will not live long enough to see Dallas play in another super bowl, and I'm only 58. Imagine being in your 30's and realizing you will also never get to see it.

And yet the blind Jerry supporting homers wonder why we despise his sorry butt as much as we do.