Confirmed: Barber is playing tonight

demirji22

Reaction score
Barber is a go tonight.
It was just on the chat

5:59
Calvin Watkins: Barber will play tonight, I've just been told.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I just hope he plays well and isn't more of a detriment if that toe isn't alot better....they'd better shoot it up good.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
he'll play but he won't start. Choice will carry the load with Barber getting carries in short yardage and possibly going in on shotgun to pass block.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I guess he didn't want Jerry to question his manhood again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bach;2490165 said:
I guess he didn't want Jerry to question his manhood again.

...Or talk about Troy in the shower?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Jimz31;2490158 said:
I just hope he plays well and isn't more of a detriment if that toe isn't alot better....they'd better shoot it up good.

You can definitely do a good nerve block to alleviate the pain - loss of feeling shouldn't be too big of a factor for a small toe. I think the question is going to be more about conditioning and how comfortable he feels playing on that foot after a good 3 weeks of taking it easy.

I would actually prefer Choice to play the game if Barber needs the shot and isn't in game shape. I actually think Choice is a better runner and a willing blocker but still not entirely sure about him as a receiver (re: hands).

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2490175 said:
You can definitely do a good nerve block to alleviate the pain - loss of feeling shouldn't be too big of a factor for a small toe. I think the question is going to be more about conditioning and how comfortable he feels playing on that foot after a good 3 weeks of taking it easy.

I would actually prefer Choice to play the game if Barber needs the shot and isn't in game shape. I actually think Choice is a better runner and a willing blocker but still not entirely sure about him as a receiver (re: hands).

I understand what you're saying, but the best way for Barber to get back in game shape is to play in a game. He doesn't have to start, but he needs to be out there taking hits (and giving 'em out as well). As long as he doesn't hurt us (or himself) in any way, I say let him play.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2490175 said:

dude, he missed 1 game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I just hope that he does better tonight then he did when we played them earlier....2.8 YPC won't cut it....quit bouncing around and become a BARBARIAN again, and I'll change my nickname back to "Barbarian" for him...until then, it remains "Bounce".

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Confirmed: Antonio Pierce will be catching a stiffy to the dome.

Givincer

Reaction score
Jimz31;2490328 said:
I just hope that he does better tonight then he did when we played them earlier....2.8 YPC won't cut it....quit bouncing around and become a BARBARIAN again, and I'll change my nickname back to "Barbarian" for him...until then, it remains "Bounce".

Last time we played the Giants, we had Johnson starting for us.

Of course his YPC was low like that. It's common sense.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Givincer;2490344 said:
Last time we played the Giants, we had Johnson starting for us.

Of course his YPC was low like that. It's common sense.

SF...3.1
Sea...3.2

I could also list other games that are below 4.0 as well....let's just say that he is definately "bouncing" around more this year and getting hit in the backfield more....is that ALL on him? Not necessarily, but I will say that he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as Choice did last week, because that is a team that you can't be bouncing around on.

We'll see how the Giants play him....are they a defense that you can dance around in the backfield? I don't think so.

He just needs to hit the hole and knock some people over.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Rampage;2490289 said:
dude, he missed 1 game.

But he hasn't played in 2.5 weeks and has been limited in practice - definitely a long enough time not to be in gameshape condition.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2490526 said:
But he hasn't played in 2.5 weeks and has been limited in practice - definitely a long enough time not to be in gameshape condition.
he will prove your theory wrong tonight