congrats to ellis...

xpistofer

Reaction score
I was among the number who was supremely frustrated with ellis at the beginning of the season, and i thought waiving him might have been a smart idea....

fast forward to last night...

ellis now has 10.5 sacks - 2nd in the nfl, and the first time (IIRC) that he has ever had double digit sacks - a career year for him and there are still four games to go. he will probably be in the probowl....

kudos, greg!

StarHead69

Reaction score
Greg Ellis was worth the extra$$$ and THEN some! What a great season he is having for us. :star:

rojan

Reaction score
I would love for his and Ware to be starting on the Pro Bowl..That would be sweet.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
I still don't like how he played the rehab thing, but I knew/and still know he is a solid player. It does seem that he has turned it up a notch. That may have alot to do with other talent on the line somewhat also.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I wonder how many people in here, who were calling for us to cut "that whiner" are now happy that he is on the team.

Come on folks, fess up now.

I admitted after the Commanders game that I was glad Owens was on the team after being so adamant about not wanting him here, so now it's your turn people.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
THUMPER;1803049 said:
I wonder how many people in here, who were calling for us to cut "that whiner" are now happy that he is on the team.

I admitted after the Commanders game that I was glad Owens was on the team after being so adamant about not wanting him here, so now it's your turn people.

I already admitted I was wrong about Bradie James... and recently JuJo.

I never hated Ellis.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
THUMPER;1803049 said:

I wanted to keep Ellis all along because I didn't think we had another pressure player other than Ware.

I was wrong on the pressue player stuff; Ratliff has done ok in that regard, and Canty has come along strong.

But I wanted to keep Ellis; though, I never thought he'd have the season he is having thus far.

Mad props to Ellis. He's turned it up. Like a fine wine; getting better with age. And props to Jerry as well. The handling of the contract proves to be well worth the investment.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I didn't realize he was ranked 2nd in the NFL.

The guy suffered through some truly horrible seasons and now all of that hard work is starting to pay dividends.

I have to also give Kudos to Mr. Duane Charles Parcells, the man just had a vision and flat out just knew talent.

CoCo

Reaction score
I was as sick as anyone of Ellis whining over the last two years. But I never ever, wanted to release him - just put a sock in his mouth.

:)