Congrats to Jerry

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
A nice little gem from Peter King's March 5 column:

Crazy beginning to free agency, wasn't it? The overpayments were predictable, with teams entering the signing period averaging $14.95 million of cap room. The craziest things happened at guard, where three above-average players leapfrogged into the contractual Hall of Fame. Derrick Dockery jumped from Washington to Buffalo for seven years, $49 million last Friday, then Eric Steinbach went from Cincinnati to Cleveland for $49.5 million over seven, and Sunday, Leonard Davis (you'll be sorry, Jerry) skipped from Arizona to Dallas for $49.6 million over seven.

Wash that crow down with a hazelnut latte, Peter.

Jerry bags two future Pro Bowlers during free agency last spring -- Davis and Hamlin.

Nice job.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
:p: :bow:

Davis was a beast waiting to happen.

Jerry has done a very good job lately.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Chief;1842832 said:
Jerry bags two future Pro Bowlers during free agency last spring -- Davis and Hamlin.

And one in the draft -- Folk.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
At the time, the Davis signing was a pretty good way to separate the wheat form the chaff in the media. While most of the people widely recognized as idiots (e.g., Peter King) thought it was Jerry wasting money on a major draft bust, there was a pretty vocal minority in the media that pointed out that Davis would likely be a pro bowler at guard.

I just hope that Jerry pays his scout staff very well to keep them here for a long, long time.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Juke99;1842837 said:
:p: :bow:

Davis was a beast waiting to happen.

Jerry has done a very good job lately.

not to go on and on, but i was one of the few going DO IT! out of a dire need to 'seriously' address the line. just throught i'd throw that out cause i only get like 1 in 4 right. :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chief;1842832 said:
A nice little gem from Peter King's March 5 column:

Crazy beginning to free agency, wasn't it? The overpayments were predictable, with teams entering the signing period averaging $14.95 million of cap room. The craziest things happened at guard, where three above-average players leapfrogged into the contractual Hall of Fame. Derrick Dockery jumped from Washington to Buffalo for seven years, $49 million last Friday, then Eric Steinbach went from Cincinnati to Cleveland for $49.5 million over seven, and Sunday, Leonard Davis (you'll be sorry, Jerry) skipped from Arizona to Dallas for $49.6 million over seven.

Wash that crow down with a hazelnut latte, Peter.

Nice job.

good post man. Spot on.

Eddie

Reaction score
iceberg;1842846 said:
not to go on and on, but i was one of the few going DO IT! out of a dire need to 'seriously' address the line. just throught i'd throw that out cause i only get like 1 in 4 right. :)

I hear you Jerry, I was worried about tying up all that loot. But we desperately needed to address Rivera's spot. I was just hoping we could find someone cheaper than Davis.

But I have no complaints. Money well spent. Heck, it's not mine. ha ha

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
:laugh2: @ peter king.

Bigg was a great pick up, nicely done Jerrah.

1fisher

Reaction score
iceberg;1842846 said:

Nice job Ice.... you get two rotating stars for that!

:starspin :starspin

:D