Congrats to the Commanders

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I hate losing to the freakin Commanders more than to any other team but I have to say that they played a very good game yesterday and earned a win over us in our own stadium. I have to give credit where it is due and they earned it yesterday.

They ran the ball consistently and controlled the clock throughout the game. Campbell played very well and didn't take unnecessary chances with the ball.

We could not generate any kind of momentum in the running game and our defense looked uninspired to say the least. Campbell picked us apart and Portis seemed to find holes whenever he needed to. This HAS to be fixed if we are going to go beyond one-and-done in the playoffs again.

The Commanders seemed much more fired up and better prepared for this game than we were. I lay this loss on our entire organization. Zorn impressed me with his ability to manage the game and make adjustments (unlike Gibbs). For a first year HC he has done a very good job so far.

We are certainly not out of it at 3-1 and this early in the season. In some ways I am glad we lost because now that aura of invincibility is gone and our guys should be hungry rather than simply expecting to win.

If that was the best the Commanders could play then I am confident that when we play them again in their house we will crush them! As we could play a LOT better than we showed yesterday. We got punched in the face and got a bloody nose but we are far from out of the fight.

I feel sorry for the Bengals next week!

Go Cowboys!!! :starspin:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey...the Cowboys got hit upside their ugly head by the Commanders! They deserve the credit for the win.

Call it what you want...bad refs, bad game plan, no defense, no offense, whatever? The Commanders came in to the Cowboys house and took whatever they wanted, and the Cowboys did not do anything about it.

You have to give credit where credit is due, and that is to the Commanders.

Enjoy...

slotshot

Reaction score
Agreed, they were the better team yesterday. I emphasize the word yesterday of course.

DBoys

Reaction score
Yep Skins kicked our *** and the score did not do the job done justice.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
We got outplayed, outhustled, outcoached, etc.
If these guys don't show a lot of pride and just anihilate them in the next game, it will be hard for me to keep rooting for them as hard as I have for 30+ years, if it looks like they don't give a hoot, why should I?

DBoys

Reaction score
L-O-Jete;2295980 said:
We got outplayed, outhustled, outcoached, etc.
If these guys don't show a lot of pride and just anihilate them in the next game, it will be hard for me to keep rooting for them as hard as I have for 30+ years, if it looks like they don't give a hoot, why should I?

I feel the same way.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
The Skins attacked us in every facet of the game yesterday. I was hoping we'd pull it out at the end like we did against Buffalo last year, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Here are a few of my observations yesterday:
• This offensive line is still very good. Even though they couldn't establish the run, Romo was never sacked. That speaks volumes about that group.

• We gave up on the run way too early. It seemed that either Wade or Garrett felt like it was starting to be a shoot out, so they decided to pass it more. Granted, we weren't having much success running the ball, but you never give up on it.

• What was it with all the flat patterns in the first half? I teaching my son about the finer points of football (rather loudly and with expletives) and how they were wrong for continually going to the sideline. Lo and behold, on the drive that ended with Austin scoring, they did it up the middle with a slant pattern. I hope this gets fixed.

• Where were our DBs? This is supposedly one of the best units in the league, yet Moss kept burning them just about every play. I have to believe had T-New not slipped on that play in the first half, Thrash probably wouldn't have scored. But, we'll never know.

• Our D-line did an decent job, but got tired in the 2nd half. I thought that that's what the Boys were supposed to do to other offenses. Oh wait, we abandoned the running game.

• This was not a balanced game plan. 47 passes to 11 runs. I don't know what scared the coaching staff in the 1st half to stop running, but it was way too early. (I feel like I've already covered this topic)

Anyway, that's all I've got to say about this game. Now I'm looking for total domination against Cincy.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
THUMPER;2295807 said:
I hate losing to the freakin Commanders more than to any other team but I have to say that they played a very good game yesterday and earned a win over us in our own stadium. I have to give credit where it is due and they earned it yesterday.

They ran the ball consistently and controlled the clock throughout the game. Campbell played very well and didn't take unnecessary chances with the ball.

We could not generate any kind of momentum in the running game and our defense looked uninspired to say the least. Campbell picked us apart and Portis seemed to find holes whenever he needed to. This HAS to be fixed if we are going to go beyond one-and-done in the playoffs again.

The Commanders seemed much more fired up and better prepared for this game than we were. I lay this loss on our entire organization. Zorn impressed me with his ability to manage the game and make adjustments (unlike Gibbs). For a first year HC he has done a very good job so far.

We are certainly not out of it at 3-1 and this early in the season. In some ways I am glad we lost because now that aura of invincibility is gone and our guys should be hungry rather than simply expecting to win.

If that was the best the Commanders could play then I am confident that when we play them again in their house we will crush them! As we could play a LOT better than we showed yesterday. We got punched in the face and got a bloody nose but we are far from out of the fight.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats to the Skins. They played a fantastic game and took it to our boys. I hate that we lost, but I'm not such an *** that I can't give credit where credit is due. Hopefully we get em next time.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Agree with most of that post.

I am not so sure the Commanders have played the best they can yet.

Good game and thanks for the recognition.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2296028 said:
The Skins attacked us in every facet of the game yesterday. I was hoping we'd pull it out at the end like we did against Buffalo last year, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Here are a few of my observations yesterday:
• This offensive line is still very good. Even though they couldn't establish the run, Romo was never sacked. That speaks volumes about that group.

• We gave up on the run way too early. It seemed that either Wade or Garrett felt like it was starting to be a shoot out, so they decided to pass it more. Granted, we weren't having much success running the ball, but you never give up on it.

• What was it with all the flat patterns in the first half? I teaching my son about the finer points of football (rather loudly and with expletives) and how they were wrong for continually going to the sideline. Lo and behold, on the drive that ended with Austin scoring, they did it up the middle with a slant pattern. I hope this gets fixed.

• Where were our DBs? This is supposedly one of the best units in the league, yet Moss kept burning them just about every play. I have to believe had T-New not slipped on that play in the first half, Thrash probably wouldn't have scored. But, we'll never know.

• Our D-line did an decent job, but got tired in the 2nd half. I thought that that's what the Boys were supposed to do to other offenses. Oh wait, we abandoned the running game.

• This was not a balanced game plan. 47 passes to 11 runs. I don't know what scared the coaching staff in the 1st half to stop running, but it was way too early. (I feel like I've already covered this topic)

Anyway, that's all I've got to say about this game. Now I'm looking for total domination against Cincy.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I had pretty much all these same thoughts and I hope some of these things, like the 47-11 pass to run ratio, will get fixed.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;2295807 said:

Now this is a classy thread that others can learn from. Embrace the humility.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely agree.

All homerism and bias aside, the Commanders outplayed the Cowboys in all areas yesterday.

They wanted the game and they got it.

The Cowboys were outhustled and outcoached.

Kudos to the Commanders, you look like you've got something going there and that you'll be yet another good team in the loaded NFC East.