Twitter: Connor Williams has reached his expiration date

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

this stat says it all. There are two potential replacements who would be better than Connor Williams at LG. Yes, he was a second round draft pick, but the failed experiment is over. Let LC or McGovern go maul some people.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You know if there is a killer penalty at the end of a game they are about to show Conner Williams stupid face. He just isn't good. There has to be someone on the team who could take his spot.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't believe those 15 other teams DO NOT hold as much or often as 1 player.
i call bull on that.
goodells minions suck.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think Collins may be coming in soon to be at LG...hopefully by next week. CWill can be one of the two linemen on the wishbone formation in front of Zeke/Pollard. BTW, i love that formation for short yardage...needs to be done more often now and especially inside the 5.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep hearing McGovern for LG & Center, but something is keeping Philbin from going all in on him. FB doesn't count, but it's a start.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Good God. You folks are incorrigible.

He's playing next to a second year center.

THINK.

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s the continuity that’s keeping him in.

And Collins might be needed for Tyron.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Connor Williams leads the league in holding penalties and has the distinction of getting more than one holding call in a game 3 times this year.

Sadly, I think he is too often overmatched physically in pass blocking. He’s a decent run blocker but he gets leveraged very easily in passing situations which leads to him grabbing. I’m still surprised he hasn’t been replaced. Maybe La’el Collins will step in there.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Do you guys watch the freaking games? Have you seen all the BS calls they've gotten including tonight?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Good God. You folks are incorrigible.

He's playing next to a second year center.

THINK.
And a future hall of famer at LT (when he isn't hurt). You could put an All-pro next to him at C and it wouldn't matter. He holds because he gets beat 1-on-1. That's the issue.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I don’t know what to think of the kid right now. I believe it was a thread about ratings from PFF I read on here last week that CW graded out relatively well. Biadascz was by far the lowest rated of our starters.

Idk..

I’m not an O-line guru so my opinion is pretty negligible but I have a feeling that the untimely and way too many penalties CW gets overshadows the good things he does in the fans eyes. It’s understandable. The vast majority of us do not understand this game as well as we think we do. For me, I always try to keep that fact in the back of my mind when a player who I think has a better backup doesn’t get benched because staffs know their players far better than the fans do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He saved it for the last 2 minutes tonight. Luckily it didn't cost the Cowboys. He status as starter is on shaky ground. I honestly thought the Cowboys might make a change over the bye week.

With Collins having another week of practice, they might have that option.