Cool Draft Site

rags747

Reaction score
Iit compiles a list of projected picks by round per team from something like 1200 Different Mocks. Not all Mocks are what can be considered "expert" analysis, but definitely a good research tool. I know most will disagree with some of the picks, but it is definitely interesting to see what the majority of the mocks out there have to say about who we should take in each round. It updates daily and you can click on each mock for detailed analysis/write ups of each pick.

This is as of 4/1

http://draftdebacled.com/ProspectsByPick.aspx?tid=17

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Like the site, I'm starting to warm up to the Mays pick at 27. I know I will get killed for saying that but his potential is true the roof. Too many fans who pretend to be scouts just look at the stat line and the size/speed aspect of a player and determine how they think he will play in the NFL. And the Roy Williams comparisons kill me because do fans not realize how dominant Roy was when he first got here? He was the top Safety in the league for a few years. After he signed his big contract he just got lazy. Thats Roy's fault, not Mays'.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;3328472 said:
Like the site, I'm starting to warm up to the Mays pick at 27. I know I will get killed for saying that but his potential is true the roof. Too many fans who pretend to be scouts just look at the stat line and the size/speed aspect of a player and determine how they think he will play in the NFL. And the Roy Williams comparisons kill me because do fans not realize how dominant Roy was when he first got here? He was the top Safety in the league for a few years. After he signed his big contract he just got lazy. Thats Roy's fault, not Mays'.

Also just because fans don't like Mays doesn't mean they base it off of those criteria. Some fans (me included) made our judgments by watching him. He's not fluid at all. He can run fast in a straight line, but I strongly question his hips and ability to start and go.

I guess we'll see who's right between the fans and scouts when it comes to his career, but I'm pretty confident he won't amount to anything other than a good special teams player. Assuming he learns to wrap up of course.

I very well could be wrong, because nobody has been right 100% of the time when giving their opinion on a prospect, but in this instance I don't think I am.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Cover 2;3328478 said:
Roy Williams was a great college player. Mays wasn't. People comparing the two are ignorant. Mays was a much better athlete, Roy was a much better player.

Also just because fans don't like Mays doesn't mean they base it off of those criteria. Some fans (me included) made our judgments by watching him. He's not fluid at all. He can run fast in a straight line, but I strongly question his hips and ability to start and go.

I guess we'll see who's right between the fans and scouts when it comes to his career, but I'm pretty confident he won't amount to anything other than a good special teams player. Assuming he learns to wrap up of course.

I very well could be wrong, because nobody has been right 100% of the time when giving their opinion on a prospect, but in this instance I don't think I am.

I'm not comparing the two but I do agree RW was a great college player and so was Mays, last year. He had a bad senior year as the film shows but I really do wonder how much it had to do with the scheme and the team around him.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;3328482 said:
I'm not comparing the two but I do agree RW was a great college player and so was Mays, last year. He had a bad senior year as the film shows but I really do wonder how much it had to do with the scheme and the team around him.
It may just be me, but I wasn't impressed with his junior year either. I knew a guy that would go on and on about Mays after his junior year, but he just looked like a great athlete to me.

But then again I thought Charles Rogers was going to be the next Randy Moss, so I'm not infallible. I do, however, think Mays would make a better 4-3 WILL or 3-4 ILB. Those two spots would definitely be interesting to see him in.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Cover 2;3328484 said:
It may just be me, but I wasn't impressed with his junior year either. I knew a guy that would go on and on about Mays after his junior year, but he just looked like a great athlete to me.

But then again I thought Charles Rogers was going to be the next Randy Moss, so I'm not infallible. I do, however, think Mays would make a better 4-3 WILL or 3-4 ILB. Those two spots would definitely be interesting to see him in.

And I think with him being such a great athlete you can do a multiple things with him such has having him move to ILB in certain packages. Mays' isnt my number one pick for us but I wouldn't be upset with it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cover 2;3328478 said:
Roy Williams was a great college player. Mays wasn't. People comparing the two are ignorant. Mays was a much better athlete, Roy was a much better player.

Roy also was where the action was. Mays was playing safety net.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3328505 said:

There would be times when Mays would be lined up 30 yards deep. Of course he isn't going to be able to get as many tackles and force any turnovers playing that deep. Roy was nearly always lined up close to the LOS.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3328505 said:
Not last year which was coincidenally his worst year.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3329262 said:
Yes last year.
He didn't just stay deep last year. He even asked Carroll to have a more varied role. Plus every time I watched him he did nothing to stand out. We'll see, but I've read where some teams have a 3rd and 4th round grade on him.

The truth is he's probably the most polarizing prospect in the draft. I know Scott Wright has him as a 1st rounder, while others see him as a bust. It's definitely interesting to see how players like this turn out.