Cool Hockey Goal

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That was great.

Several years ago the LA Kings played the Calgary Flames in Phoenix. That was before the Coyotes came to AZ. A buddy of mine is a huge Kings fan and we went to the game. Wayne Gretzky was behind the goal with the puck and it was like he had everyone on a string. He finally shot the puck off the back of the goalie's leg from behind the goal. The gap between his leg and goal couldn't have been more than 4 inches. It was amazing.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That was great.

Several years ago the LA Kings played the Calgary Flames in Phoenix. That was before the Coyotes came to AZ. A buddy of mine is a huge Kings fan and we went to the game. Wayne Gretzky was behind the goal with the puck and it was like he had everyone on a string. He finally shot the puck off the back of the goalie's leg from behind the goal. The gap between his leg and goal couldn't have been more than 4 inches. It was amazing.

I saw a college hockey goal where the guy was behind the net. He somehow scooped the puck up on his stick and wrapped it around the side of the net and over the goalies shoulder. He was still behind the net when it went it. AMAZING!!

Not a very good description, but if you ever see it, you'll never forget it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Actually, under the rule, it was an illegal goal as you can't pull the puck back on a penalty shot. However, they rarely refuse a penalty shot goal due to its illegality.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
I saw a college hockey goal where the guy was behind the net. He somehow scooped the puck up on his stick and wrapped it around the side of the net and over the goalies shoulder. He was still behind the net when it went it. AMAZING!!

Not a very good description, but if you ever see it, you'll never forget it.
I remember that one on Sportscenter.