Video: Cooper Rush: Done Enough To Make The 53?

chicago JK

Reaction score
So I have not watched the Raiders game yet and have not read a ton of the training camp reports so excuse my ignorance. What is the background on Rush? I noticed looked like a 4 year starter in college but his completion percentage was not great and he had high interception numbers. I also see his team was basically a .500 team and it looks like he had a coaching change along the way.

I did see the previous preseason games and I liked my initial viewing of him. His arm appears to be not strong but he seems to have a really nice feel.

Can anyone give me a background on his low % percentage and the interceptions numbers in college? Thanks

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
So I have not watched the Raiders game yet and have not read a ton of the training camp reports so excuse my ignorance. What is the background on Rush? I noticed looked like a 4 year starter in college but his completion percentage was not great and he had high interception numbers. I also see his team was basically a .500 team and it looks like he had a coaching change along the way.

I did see the previous preseason games and I liked my initial viewing of him. His arm appears to be not strong but he seems to have a really nice feel.

Can anyone give me a background on his low % percentage and the interceptions numbers in college? Thanks

I'm interested as well. He was never All-MAC, even.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I don't know but I have my punching bag ready for all those morons that will call for rush the minute Dak struggles.

Listen I like the guy but nobody is in the mood for all that jazz up in here. Scram!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once a guy is on the team, I really don't care about what he did stat-wise or what he accomplished in college any more. There are way too many examples of quarterbacks who were all-this, top-that, led the conference, most this, fewest that, etc. along with first or second round pick and then they did nothing at the NFL level.

All I really care about is results they make happen now in the NFL. When Dak was drafted last year in the 4th round, I kept telling people he was special long before most people even knew who he was much less thought much of him. I didn't think he was special because of his stats or his team's record or his awards in college. I thought he was special because I watched him time and time again make plays when most would not have in those situations. I said the same thing about Romo back when everyone else was focused on the other quarterbacks on the roster.

The quarterbacks who have success in the NFL are the ones who simply find a way to get results. It's not always pretty and it's not always without a mistake here or there, but they simply find a way to succeed.

We have a great quarterback in Dak Prescott and I don't have the confidence in Rush that I do with Dak at this point, but I do have some confidence in him and would feel a lot better knowing we have a capable backup behind Dak with Rush should something happen to Dak.

I played a lot of sports growing up and was really good at most of them because I worked hard, but every so often I would play against a team with a guy on it that would just have "it". A guy who could seemingly make something out of nothing or make even more out of something than most people could. You could tell that no matter how well you practiced or worked and no matter how good you got, it was never going to be as easy for you as it was for him. Those are the players that I look for when I follow sports. Those are the guys I want on my team. That is the guy I see in Dak and hopefully that is who Rush turns out to be eventually.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Once a guy is on the team, I really don't care about what he did stat-wise or what he accomplished in college any more. There are way too many examples of quarterbacks who were all-this, top-that, led the conference, most this, fewest that, etc. along with first or second round pick and then they did nothing at the NFL level.

All I really care about is results they make happen now in the NFL. When Dak was drafted last year in the 4th round, I kept telling people he was special long before most people even knew who he was much less thought much of him. I didn't think he was special because of his stats or his team's record or his awards in college. I thought he was special because I watched him time and time again make plays when most would not have in those situations. I said the same thing about Romo back when everyone else was focused on the other quarterbacks on the roster.

The quarterbacks who have success in the NFL are the ones who simply find a way to get results. It's not always pretty and it's not always without a mistake here or there, but they simply find a way to succeed.

We have a great quarterback in Dak Prescott and I don't have the confidence in Rush that I do with Dak at this point, but I would feel a lot better knowing we have a capable backup behind Dak with Rush should something happen to Dak.

I played a lot of sports growing up and was really good at most of them because I worked hard, but every so often I would play against a team with a guy on it that would just have "it". A guy who could seemingly make something out of nothing or make even more out of something than most people could. You could tell that no matter how well you practiced or worked and no matter how good you got, it was never going to be as easy for you as it was for him. Those are the players that I look for when I follow sports. Those are the guys I want on my team. That is the guy I see in Dak and hopefully that is who Rush turns out to be eventually.
This. My philosophy on QBs is simple. I will always draft a QB that can throw for accuracy. You can fix footwork or a QB taking snap from under the center. However, many coaches are fired by trying to fix QB mechanics so they can throw. Just like Dak, Cooper can flat out throw the rock.

reddyuta

Reaction score

according to the Chippewa fans their Oline was really bad last season and Rush had to carry their team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like guys with his attitude. It sounds like he was taking blame for Alfred's inability to pick up the rusher on the turnover.

Anybody else get unreasonably irritated when they cut the girl behind him out of the frame for a bit?

RedLine

Reaction score
...Anybody else get unreasonably irritated when they cut the girl behind him out of the frame for a bit?

Haha, that is Ambar Garcia. She works as a media person for the dallascowboys.com site. She does all the Spanish content, but also sits in on some of the other shows they do.

18380806_288762244915295_8564162292848001024_n.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, that is Ambar Garcia. She works as a media person for the dallascowboys.com site. She does all the Spanish content, but also sits in on some of the other shows they do.

I thought that might have been her, but I'm really bad at faces.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've never noticed she had a face before.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Gorgeous woman. Good for her, doing a career that's probably paying her well and doing things she probably likes doing.
That's a guess, but I bet it's not incorrect. Good on her!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nice.

rags747

Reaction score

Seems to me that they should start letting her do some more of the English content too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have a great quarterback in Dak Prescott and I don't have the confidence in Rush that I do with Dak at this point, but I do have some confidence in him and would feel a lot better knowing we have a capable backup behind Dak with Rush should something happen to Dak.

Yes, stats are not a good way to evaluate college players. There are too many variables like level of competition, surrounding talent, coaching/scheme, etc..