News: Cooper Rush: Only QB since 1970 merger to lead 4th quarter game-winning drives in his first 3 starts

plasticman

Reaction score
So Rush has an opportunity to make Cowboys history this weekend. I like his chances.
let me amend this. Actually, it's only Roger who had a game winning drive in all his first three starts. Jason Garrett just happened to win his first three starts.

I mean, how hard do you think it was for Garrett to win those games? For example, in the Thanksgiving game against the Packers, Emmitt had 32 carries for 133 yards and two TD's and then 6 catches, all short, for 95 yards because he almost took one to the house for 68.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"Since the 1970 merger" made me curious - did anyone do it before the merger? The answer is yes - Virgil Carter with the 1968 expansion Bengals of the AFL.

That's it. That's the list.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
who did it 70? I bet its Greg Cook

Cook was great before his shoulder got destroyed, but he did not lead 4th quarter game winning drives in his first 3 starts.

He may have won his first 3 starts, it wouldn't surprise me, but that list is a bit longer.

EDIT: Looked it up and he did win his first 3 starts. They had a double digit lead to start the 4th in his second one, so no comeback was necessary.