'Cooter': Skip New 'Dukes of Hazzard'

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
Most people I know didn't like "The Truman Show", but I thought it was great...

Oh BTW.. it was Mr. Majestic that I was trying to remember...

I think those two movies are Jim Carreys best movies...
Ace Ventura or The Mask will always be my favs

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Princess said:
I totally agree with you. It also doesn't hurt that the sexiest actor (IMO) did it... gotta love Mel Gibson....

Unless you are Jewish. :D

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
junk said:
Unless you are Jewish. :D

Or British - I don't think they've gotten over Braveheart and The Patriot.

And I've tried watching Jessica Simpson's video for Dukes, my God she's horrible! Why in the world are they bragging about her talents?? She was a C-list singer as a teen, ruined a good Berlin song and now she's going to ruin this one.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
And I've tried watching Jessica Simpson's video for Dukes, my God she's horrible! Why in the world are they bragging about her talents?? She was a C-list singer as a teen, ruined a good Berlin song and now she's going to ruin this one.

She sings? I thought she just filled out a shirt real nice. She's an A Lister at that.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Come to think of it........Hollywood HAS officially run out of ideas. Most of you all are correct.

The best movies I've seen in the theater lately have been based on novels, comics, or sequels.

Yes, I loved Lord of the Rings (I've read the book numerous times and I thought Jackson did a fine job), Spiderman, Batman, and Star Wars Ep III.

All of those movies were not original ideas. I guess the only original movie I've seen lately is National Treasure. Great movie..........but it seems like a rip-off of Indiana Jones.

Speaking of Indiana Jones, there's going to be an Indiana Jones IV. I'll watch that and Transformers (hopefully, this will be based on the original cartoon series).

I've rambled long enough I guess.....I'll wait to watch the Duke Boys (that's what I always called the show anyway) on DVD.......or TNT.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Godfather 3.....nuff said lol

Not even close... oh, the movie had its jarring moments (Coppola's daughter was freakin' awful)... but the scene at the Vatican, where he confessed to murdering Fredo, was very powerful...

Like I said, no matter how good or bad the movie is, I know I'll enjoy Pacino's work...

silverbear

Reaction score
Princess said:
I totally agree with you. It also doesn't hurt that the sexiest actor (IMO) did it... gotta love Mel Gibson....

Oh, you meant Mel... for a second there, I thought you were talkin' about Sam Elliott... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Or British - I don't think they've gotten over Braveheart and The Patriot.

Braveheart is my all-time favorite movie... used to be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but now that one's number two...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
Oh, you meant Mel... for a second there, I thought you were talkin' about Sam Elliott... LOL...

You may be shocked at how many women think he is the "cat's meow"

I know quite a few women that just drool when someone talks about Sam Elliott. :eek:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You may be shocked at how many women think he is the "cat's meow"

I know quite a few women that just drool when someone talks about Sam Elliott. :eek:

Myself being one of those women

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
Not even close... oh, the movie had its jarring moments (Coppola's daughter was freakin' awful)... but the scene at the Vatican, where he confessed to murdering Fredo, was very powerful...

Like I said, no matter how good or bad the movie is, I know I'll enjoy Pacino's work...

Plus you got the famous "They keep pulling me back in" line/scene.

Clearly not the best of the three....but then again it is hard to top the first two.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Plus you got the famous "They keep pulling me back in" line/scene.

Clearly not the best of the three....but then again it is hard to top the first two.
I just can't get past Sophia and Andy Garcia's bad performances.

And for the Vatican scene it cracks me up how they had the OJ and candy so handy when Al needed it. :laugh2: