Cooper Beebe's day-one position?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

can he play center? that's the need. I would have expected the cowboys to trade up for Frazier as he was picked a few picks ahead. get the best player and it would have fit the need.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
LT Tyler Smith
LG Bebe
C Hoffman
RG Martin
RT Guyton

Reserve-T Steele

Carson

Reaction score
Mosher and Landon McCool reported he will likely be a Center a few days ago

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m thinking Center.

He just looks like a Center. Perfect build.

RS12

Reaction score
Beebe either starts at LG or C. It all depends on where Guyton plays and do they have to move Tyler Smith outside. He is better than Hoffman and will start at one of those positions.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
IDK we will see but he is switching from RT to LT and yes I know it is done all the time what if he needs a little time? Then this combination may be better to start the season .....

LT Smith
LG Beebe
C Hoffman'
RG Martin
RT Guyton or Steele (loser is your swing )
No way Steele isn’t starting at RT. Jerry won’t want that money on the sideline

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You think? Let’s see…
-Shotgun snaps
-Line calls
-Reach blocks without screwing up the exchange
-Using your off hand to punch

There’s a lot more to it than simply learning how to snap the ball, Even something as simple as how much weight you put on your hand while in your stance on run plays changes. Not saying he can’t do it and be good but it’s a huge adjustment.
However important and difficult playing center is Kansas State used someone else to play it for them. I agree, you don’t just show up and be a competent center in the NFL.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Can Terrence Steele play LG? I think there was some talk about that potentially last year.

LT-Tyler Smith
LG-Terrence Steele
OC-Cooper Beebe
RG-Zack Martin
RT-Tyler Guyton

Sandyf

Reaction score
I believe that Beebe was drafted to play center although I do believe Hoffman starts at center to begin the season. Cooper is a road grader and most likely the long term answer at center. I know Bass has also worked at center last year and again will work some at center in training camp but see him as Martin's replacement next year. Bass has proven himself last year in stepping in where injuries occurred and held his own very, very well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Why do you say this .....he's never played center. I am not saying he can't but to expect to step in on day one and play a position at a high level he's never played before is asking a lot.
Because KSU moved him around in games and they just mauled people. He played all over the OL, sometimes in the same game with zero prep.

But his issue is size. He likely needs to drop to about 315 in the pros and thats why he fell. But you move him to OC and he is plenty big enough at 6'4" and 315.

Beebe will probably be 1 of your 5 best OL this year. He was easily the most impactful OL in the Big 12. As much as I love Zack Frazier as a pure OC Beebe is a better overall player (much like Barton). And with Frazier gone this is a heck of a consolation prize.

Ken

Reaction score
Beebe is starting C for us. McCarthy said in the presser that he will compete at the C position.

I know everyone was ready to pencil in Barton as "the best center in the draft" based on 5 games in his career 4 years ago....but this kid can be every bit as good or better at C as Barton.

He has been working with Duke Maryweather this offseason as a C. This guy was an absolute steal no matter where you play him but even moreso at C.