Cooper Beebe's day-one position?

Silverstar

Reaction score
With 31 1/2 inch arms his best position is center in the pros.

He should take every snap at center and never look back.

75boyz

Reaction score
Are you serious?????? To say Hoffman can't play center, especially at least as good as a player who has never played it is odd. Hoffman's experience at the center is extensive. Again, Beebe may win the battle but to rubber stamp him as a starter over Hoffman is a reach.

Read this

https://hokiesports.com/sports/football/roster/brock-hoffman/11240

Brock Hoffman

OLPosition
Redshirt JuniorClass
Statesville, N.C.Hometown

Season Stats​

Season:

Summary​

Biography​

2021 Honors
2022 East-West Shrine Bowl Invitee
All-ACC Honorable Mention
Wells Fargo Advisors Humanitarian of the Year
Wuerffel Trophy Semifinalist
Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year Semifinalist
Allstate AFCA Good Works Team Nominee
2020 Honors
All-ACC First Team (Eric Mac Lain)
All-ACC Honorable Mention (Official ACC)
2021: Played in 12 games (11 starts) - 10 at center and one at left guard vs. Richmond (9/25) ... Moved to right tackle at West Virginia (9/18) when starter Silas Dzansi left the game due to injury ... Started at center before leaving due to injury at Boston College (11/5) ... Saw reserve action at Miami (11/20).

2020: Started all 11 games at center for Tech in 2020 … Helped the Hokies lead the ACC in rushing at 240.1 ypg … Tech scored 27 rushing TDs on the season and amassed better than 200 rush yards eight times, 250+ six times and 300 or more rushing yards on three occasions … Earned All-ACC Academic Team honors ... Was selected as ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week twice in 2020 … Earned ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after Tech rolled up 283 net rushing yards and five rushing scores in a 42-35 win at Louisville (10/31) … Started vs. NC State (9/26) at center in his Tech debut, earning ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after Tech rolled up 314 net rushing yards in a 45-24 win.

2019: Was unable to see game action after his appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility was denied … Practiced with the squad and redshirted.

Coastal Carolina: Started all 12 games at right guard on the offensive line for the Chants … Part of the offensive unit up front that led the CCU rushing attack to rank fourth in the Sun Belt and 41st nationally with an average of 198.7 rushing yards per game … Named to the 2018 CoSIDA Google Cloud Academic All-District first team … A member of the President’s List (4.0) in the fall 2018 semester ... A member of the Team Leadership Council for 2018 … As a freshman, Played in and started all 12 games … First true freshman to start at center in Coastal’s history (since 2003) and was just the third true freshman to draw a start along offensive line (Parez Riley started one game at left guard in CCU’s first year of 2003 and Kaleb Dees started one game at right guard in 2010) … Anchored an offensive line that was the youngest in the NCAA FBS for most of the season … Top-graded offensive lineman four times - Western Illinois, Appalachian State and Arkansas, while tying for the team honor versus UAB … Signed and enrolled with Coastal Carolina in January 2017 … Participated in spring drills ... Earned President’s List (4.0 GPA).

Personal: The son of Brian and Stephanie Hoffman … Father, Brian, played tight end and defensive end for Catawba College (1987-90) ... Earned his degree in communication science and social inquiry in 2021.
Didn't Connor Williams play 4 straight years of LG for us and then Miami hired him to play center?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I have been reading about him and a lot of non Cowboys affiliated YouTube stuff and they’re all raving about the pick. A lot of positive things said about him. I defer to you on this. If you think he’d be a good center then I’m in and the idea of Guyton, Tyler, Beebe, Martin and Steele is looking good.

Good pickup for us. I’m excited.
I am super excited with what Dallas has been able to do with the offensive line .Great draft .Cowboys will run the football behind this line.And that will be key to the season.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m more on board with center. You don’t kick an all pro out of their position of strength

And if you do then I’d do this
LT Smith
LG beebe
C Hoffman
RG martin
RT guyton

My preference is this though
LT guyton
LG smith
C beebe
RG Martin
LT Steele. ( but I’d love someone to beat him out)
I agree. I’m excited our offensive line was addressed.

conner01

Reaction score
I think there is a good chance. If they do switch him to OC its him and Hoffman. Beebe wins that easily IMO
If he can get the snap part diwn he could start day one. He can block so it’s just about learning how to handle snsps. I’m betting he starts learn right away

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Playing center isn't something you can just walk in to. Ever try to do a shotgun snap? I have, it's not easy, and I didn't have some 350 lb NT about the knock me into next week.

I see him as Martin's replacement, next year or maybe the next, IF he plays center, it'll just be to get him on the field, and once Martin leaves, he''ll slide over to RG and Dallas will draft a C or sign one in free agency.

But only his hairdresser knows for sure..

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If he can figure out OC, that would be ideal.

I love this player, but he doesn’t have the quick side to side footwork you ideally want in an OG. But as a C, I think he’s a perfect candidate.

Hardline

Reaction score
IDK we will see but he is switching from RT to LT and yes I know it is done all the time what if he needs a little time? Then this combination may be better to start the season .....

LT Smith
LG Beebe
C Hoffman'
RG Martin
RT Guyton or Steele (loser is your swing )
Guyton played RT at Oklahoma because their QB is left handed.

conner01

Reaction score
It's not but you said Hoffman CAN'T play center.....that's just not true. As a matter of fact, Stephen just said the other day that whoever is competing with him better bring their lunch pale. Now if we were talking about one of the player like Frazier or JPJ, who played center at a high level in college, I agree but that's not the case.
He hasn’t played but one real game but he played well and had a good camp. I think he could play as well as Biadasz did early on right now

conner01

Reaction score
If they put him anywhere but center they are dumb
I’m sure they will have him there to start camp and see if he can pick it up. The blocking part is just learning assignment so can he get the snap part learned is the only question

Loso86

Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

Center

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’m sure they will have him there to start camp and see if he can pick it up. The blocking part is just learning assignment so can he get the snap part learned is the only question
If he doesn't make it at center it will be tough for him at other positions on the o line with his t Rex arms

reddyuta

Reaction score
IDK we will see but he is switching from RT to LT and yes I know it is done all the time what if he needs a little time? Then this combination may be better to start the season .....

LT Smith
LG Beebe
C Hoffman'
RG Martin
RT Guyton or Steele (loser is your swing )
people are dismissing this but Steele was horrendous last season,if he continues to suck then Guyton to RT is a real possibility.

cmoney23

Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

Just a hunch, but he's LG.

SMITH LT
BEBE LG
HOFFMAN C
MARTIN RG
STEELE/GUYTON RT