Cooper Beebe's day-one position?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Beebe is starting C for us. McCarthy said in the presser that he will compete at the C position.

I know everyone was ready to pencil in Barton as "the best center in the draft" based on 5 games in his career 4 years ago....but this kid can be every bit as good or better at C as Barton.

He has been working with Duke Maryweather this offseason as a C. This guy was an absolute steal no matter where you play him but even moreso at C.
good to hear.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Unless during OTAs he shows to be unable to be center, I expect for him to start there.

Very aggressive and his “short arms” that people will crap on, won’t be such an issue.

I’m of the opinion that this was a very good pick.

O-Line, which I know some zoners are worried about, looks to be upgraded significantly with young talent.

As much as I love Tyron Smith and what he did for us, I’m thinking we are in much better shape over the next few seasons than we were before.

I’ve never been totally sold on Biadasz, especially since he got paid.

Well done, regardless of other positions that may be in question.

conner01

Reaction score
If he doesn't make it at center it will be tough for him at other positions on the o line with his t Rex arms
It didn’t hurt him in college but this is the nfl. I don’t think it will be a huge issue though. But I’m guessing center is why they took him. The biggest issue is snaps which have to be quick and on target. The rest is just learning responsibilities.

gtb1943

Reaction score
people are dismissing this but Steele was horrendous last season,if he continues to suck then Guyton to RT is a real possibility.
Steele did get better towards the end of the season but he still has a ways to go before he was what he was before the injury
and there is THIS: Steele has never been better than just above average as a pass blocker; his real strength is run blocking.
So it is possible that the boys may be eying Guyton to take the RT position.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It didn’t hurt him in college but this is the nfl. I don’t think it will be a huge issue though. But I’m guessing center is why they took him. The biggest issue is snaps which have to be quick and on target. The rest is just learning reresponsibilities.
He will be fine sandwiched in between 2 all pros

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Here’s my 5

LT-Brock Hoffman
Lg Terrence Steele
C - Zach Martin
Rg - David ball
Rt- cooper beebee

Tyler smith as backup swing tackle. Depth is important this is technically the most important position on the line

rambo2

Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

He will be the center

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Probably comes down to if Guyton can take the LT position. If he isn’t ready he will challenge LG, C. Depends on if they are ready.
Given this team's track record it won't matter, he will be the day 1 starter at LT.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to draft Beebe to be a guard given the number of holes on this team and the fact they have two really good ones. He will be the day 1 starter at C.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’ll play center and I expect him to be very good there. He’s a really good, smart player and should transition there just fine.

Should be:

Guyton - Smith - Beebe - Martin - Steele

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just don't know if he can play center well enough. But knowing martin is on his last contract year beebee just needs to backup for a year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance. If they do switch him to OC its him and Hoffman. Beebe wins that easily IMO
There are several variables. His position could depend on if Guyton is ready at LT. If not, then we'll likely shift Tyler to LT, opening up the LG starting spot. However, Richards could also be in the LT hunt, allowing us to leave Tyler at LG.

Then, it could depend on the best combo at LG and C among Bass, Beebe, Hoffman and even Thomas.

All I know is I'm happy that we seem to have some options at each spot. Whether they turn out to be good options is another story, but outside of bringing in FAs, I think we address OL about as well as we could draftwise.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I would love him at guard, but since we have no center. I mean Dallas will try him at center, if it doesn’t work, they can draft next year and use Beebe as Martins replacement.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

Day 0 - Center.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

He was picked to play starting Center and thats where i would try to play him.
Everything else (guard, backup) would be a bad spending of drafting resourcers.