Cooper Beebe's day-one position?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a hell of a player but where are we playing him?????? He played LT, RT and LG but never C for Kansas State. I know some have mentioned center and they could be right. Just the other day, Stephen implied Hoffman would get some competition for the starting center position. Something about bringing your pale lunch if you to beat out Hoffman. Perhaps this is it.......

Probably OC because we dont really have one on the roster besides Hoffman

Chasing6

Reaction score

He will be hard to keep off the field.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes. He isnt a plus athete, so he may actually be a better pro OC than an OG
I have been reading about him and a lot of non Cowboys affiliated YouTube stuff and they’re all raving about the pick. A lot of positive things said about him. I defer to you on this. If you think he’d be a good center then I’m in and the idea of Guyton, Tyler, Beebe, Martin and Steele is looking good.

Good pickup for us. I’m excited.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been reading about him and a lot of non Cowboys affiliated YouTube stuff and they’re all raving about the pick. A lot of positive things said about him. I defer to you on this. If you think he’d be a good center then I’m in and the idea of Guyton, Tyler, Beebe, Martin and Steele is looking good.

He was considered a possible high 2nd rounder. 30% body fat may have dropped him

DuncanIso

Reaction score

A+++++

Our best pick of the draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If they do switch him to OC its him and Hoffman. Beebe wins that easily IMO
Why do you say this .....he's never played center. I am not saying he can't but to expect to step in on day one and play a position at a high level he's never played before is asking a lot.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes. Replacement level at best
Are you serious?????? To say Hoffman can't play center, especially at least as good as a player who has never played it is odd. Hoffman's experience at the center is extensive. Again, Beebe may win the battle but to rubber stamp him as a starter over Hoffman is a reach.

Read this

https://hokiesports.com/sports/football/roster/brock-hoffman/11240

Brock Hoffman

OLPosition
Redshirt JuniorClass
Statesville, N.C.Hometown

Season Stats​

Season:

Summary​

Biography​

2021 Honors
2022 East-West Shrine Bowl Invitee
All-ACC Honorable Mention
Wells Fargo Advisors Humanitarian of the Year
Wuerffel Trophy Semifinalist
Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year Semifinalist
Allstate AFCA Good Works Team Nominee
2020 Honors
All-ACC First Team (Eric Mac Lain)
All-ACC Honorable Mention (Official ACC)
2021: Played in 12 games (11 starts) - 10 at center and one at left guard vs. Richmond (9/25) ... Moved to right tackle at West Virginia (9/18) when starter Silas Dzansi left the game due to injury ... Started at center before leaving due to injury at Boston College (11/5) ... Saw reserve action at Miami (11/20).

2020: Started all 11 games at center for Tech in 2020 … Helped the Hokies lead the ACC in rushing at 240.1 ypg … Tech scored 27 rushing TDs on the season and amassed better than 200 rush yards eight times, 250+ six times and 300 or more rushing yards on three occasions … Earned All-ACC Academic Team honors ... Was selected as ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week twice in 2020 … Earned ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after Tech rolled up 283 net rushing yards and five rushing scores in a 42-35 win at Louisville (10/31) … Started vs. NC State (9/26) at center in his Tech debut, earning ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after Tech rolled up 314 net rushing yards in a 45-24 win.

2019: Was unable to see game action after his appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility was denied … Practiced with the squad and redshirted.

Coastal Carolina: Started all 12 games at right guard on the offensive line for the Chants … Part of the offensive unit up front that led the CCU rushing attack to rank fourth in the Sun Belt and 41st nationally with an average of 198.7 rushing yards per game … Named to the 2018 CoSIDA Google Cloud Academic All-District first team … A member of the President’s List (4.0) in the fall 2018 semester ... A member of the Team Leadership Council for 2018 … As a freshman, Played in and started all 12 games … First true freshman to start at center in Coastal’s history (since 2003) and was just the third true freshman to draw a start along offensive line (Parez Riley started one game at left guard in CCU’s first year of 2003 and Kaleb Dees started one game at right guard in 2010) … Anchored an offensive line that was the youngest in the NCAA FBS for most of the season … Top-graded offensive lineman four times - Western Illinois, Appalachian State and Arkansas, while tying for the team honor versus UAB … Signed and enrolled with Coastal Carolina in January 2017 … Participated in spring drills ... Earned President’s List (4.0 GPA).

Personal: The son of Brian and Stephanie Hoffman … Father, Brian, played tight end and defensive end for Catawba College (1987-90) ... Earned his degree in communication science and social inquiry in 2021.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bebe was drafted to play center but it will take time. Let’s make sure he can snap the ball first. Guyton is the LT, Stephen raved about the new left side of the offensive line with the two Tylers.