Cordrea Tankersley, DB Clemson

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Looks like he may have moved himself into the late first round with his performance at the combine. He had a solid college career, questions on his speed were answered a little with him posting times of 4.40-4.47 in the 40 yard dash. He was a borderline 1st round prospect before the combine.

He is a bigger corner at 6'1", 200. He is more of a man-press corner. He would be a good replacement for Brandon Carr.

Thoughts?

The Realist

Reaction score
I like him a lot. Wouldn't be mad at 28 but would much prefer a pass rusher in the first round of one grades in that range.

Sydla

Reaction score
No at 28. I get nervous when you see CBs rise suddenly in the draft orders. I think there might be better options at 28 and I don't think he's so much better than the CBs that will likely be sitting there at 60 IMO.

tm1119

Reaction score
My thoughts are that if he wasn't a top 30 prospect before the combine he shouldn't be after...

Reactions: BAT

rkell87

Reaction score
Didn't he have a 7+ second 3 cone? CBs that can't change direction are a hard pass for me. WRs are going to spin him like a top in this league. With that three cone time and less than 30 in vert I doubt he meets our threshold metrics for the position, I doubt he is even on our board.

Also we need a zone corner not a man press one.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Didn't he have a 7+ second 3 cone? CBs that can't change direction are a hard pass for me. WRs are going to spin him like a top in this league. With that three cone time and less than 30 in vert I doubt he meets our threshold metrics for the position, I doubt he is even on our board.

Cowboys need a corner that can ball hawk and tackle, press man or zone make no never mind. Be nice if they could do both.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Looks like he may have moved himself into the late first round with his performance at the combine. He had a solid college career, questions on his speed were answered a little with him posting times of 4.40-4.47 in the 40 yard dash. He was a borderline 1st round prospect before the combine.

He is a bigger corner at 6'1", 200. He is more of a man-press corner. He would be a good replacement for Brandon Carr.

Thoughts?
He has always been the CB I've wanted. No one has talked about him at all and most don't have him in their first round mocks. I've seen him mocked in the 2nd and even 3rd rnds.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
no.gif

RS12

Reaction score

yep, one of the combine winner/loser articles I read listed him as a loser based on the above.