Corey Davis WR

bodi

Reaction score
6-2 205

I take him over T will any day

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...2/corey-davis-touchdown-mac-championship-game

Western Michigan's Corey Davis became the FBS all-time leader in career receiving yards on Friday.

Davis, a senior, entered the day 19 yards shy of the record, and broke it on a second-quarter reception vs. Toledo. Trevor Insley, who played for Cal from 1996-99, was the previous record holder with 5,005 yards. Davis entered the game with 4,987 yards and 49 touchdowns in his career.

Western Michigan, a MAC team, doesn't play in a Power Five conference, but Davis should not be brushed aside as simply a small-school star. NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks wrote last month that Davis has "all of the requisite traits needed to blossom into a dominant playmaker at the next level."

NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein wrote earlier this week that Davis could merit a look inside the top 40 picks of the 2017 draft.

https://nflmocks.com/2016/07/31/corey-davis-wr-western-michigan-2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He reminds me of TO. We also will not be drafting him as he will be a first/high second pick. He looks beastly though

Macnalty

Reaction score
He'll go in the first IMO. Kids a beast.
I agree he is moving up and the drums are beating. DE in the first with this depth of talent for the boys. You have a winning season like ours and we are going to watching some good players gone before we pick.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like Davis, but all things being for this team, I'd go John Ross III for our offense. Game-changing speed and difference maker in the return game immediately.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I like Davis, but all things being for this team, I'd go John Ross III for our offense. Game-changing speed and difference maker in the return game immediately.

Probably going to be a first rounder when it's all said and done, definitely top of 2nd if not.

What about this Billy Brown guy from Shepherd?

ghst187

Reaction score
There are a ton of fantastic WRs in this draft and some really good ones will be there when we pick...Davis, Sutton, Ross, Westbrook, Cupp, James Washington, Benjamin, ....tons.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What about this Billy Brown guy from Shepherd?

To use a baseball scouting term, Brown is "toolsy" at 6'4" 236'ish. Hard to gauge how he projects having played against a lower level of competition. I'd wager he's a developmental guy that will require some honing but at his tweener size, he could develop into a Jordan Reed type receiver/TE.

hendog

Reaction score
I hope we go defense early and grab a guy like Stacy Coley in the 3rd. Assuming he makes it to our pick. Which he may not.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
We can live without using a 1st on our fourth receiving option, but he's a star. I'm not crying if we pick him.

KDM256

Reaction score
Skeptical on getting guys from small schools early in the draft.. Feel like Dallas needs to focus on Defense in the first 2 rounds of this draft.

The Realist

Reaction score
Skeptical on getting guys from small schools early in the draft.. Feel like Dallas needs to focus on Defense in the first 2 rounds of this draft.

That'll get you Merriman over Ware.

All these guys went to bigger schools than Romo and were drafted in 2003, while he wasn't.

Byron Leftwich Jaguars Marshall
Kyle Boller Ravens California
Rex Grossman Bears Florida
Dave Ragone Texans Louisville
Chris Simms Buccaneers Texas
Seneca Wallace Seahawks Iowa State
Brian St. Pierre Steelers BC
Drew Henson Texans Michigan
Brooks Bollinger Jets Wisconsin
Kliff Kingsbury Patriots Texas Tech
Gibran Hamdan Commanders Indiana
Ken Dorsey 49ers Miami (FL)

We've needed to draft D in first round for 5 years plus, but if go back and look at it the OL players we took have had careers that blow the others away with the exception of Donald. Not to mention the fact that the guys we targeted on D were gone.

All that being said we have the 7th ranked scoring D and if things go well, we already add a top 5 player at MLB and an athletic, 270 pound, 4.59 speed DE in Jaylon and Tapper next year.

Personally I would prefer to add a pass rusher but I trust these scouts after what they have done the last 5 years (except for Escobar), and if they think Corey Davis is the best player on the board, then by all means make the pick. He's a physical freak and looks like he has the traits to be a one when Dez is gone in 5 years or whenever that is.

I'd prefer Landry in one and Cooper Kupp in 2.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Probably my favorite WR in the draft. (I haven't got to check them all out in depth yet, admittedly)

They have him projected to run a 4.5, I think he may be a little faster than that.