Corners & Safeties Interviews

timb2

Reaction score
I believe one thing that separates great pro players from players is intelligence. Players that figure out schemes... One thing I do when looking for Quarterbacks is there is something about them. I kind of call it the TOP GUN or NASA Astronaut leadership qualities. It's why I like Tom Brady and not some arrogant SOB like J P Losman.....Past Cowboy QBs are prime examples. Look at Chad Hutchinson he came off insecure uncertain. Quincy Carter came off like he couldn't hold a intelligent conversation as what a leader is. Romo came off to me like he needed to be in a BOY BAND not a QB.....WHO I do like is Dak Prescott that's a leader!!!

SO I thought of great CBs and Safeties in the past. All were not just great athletes , but all were very intelligent. Ronnie Lott,Rod Woodson,etc.

So I youtubed interviews of the top CBs and Safeties in this Draft and these guys have the" IT" factor. Lot of great athletes in this Draft, but being a smart player is more important probably take the team farther.

Paulson Adebo
Patrick Surtain
Caleb Farley
Caden Sterns
James Wiggins
Tyree Gillespie
Greg Newsome
KJ Sails
Camryn Bynum.
Marlon Character
Ritchie Grant
Tay Gowan

If we pick these guys, you have smart players and leaders. A smart player makes good decisions on and off the field. Smart players become the Leaders of the team. They inspire other players to be like them. I wonder what happened to Pacman Jones he was a great athlete?. Yeah he is a bonehead who made bad stupid choices

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
I believe one thing that separates great pro players from players is intelligence. Players that figure out schemes... One thing I do when looking for Quarterbacks is there is something about them. I kind of call it the TOP GUN or NASA Astronaut leadership qualities. It's why I like Tom Brady and not some arrogant SOB like J P Losman.....Past Cowboy QBs are prime examples. Look at Chad Hutchinson he came off insecure uncertain. Quincy Carter came off like he couldn't hold a intelligent conversation as what a leader is. Romo came off to me like he needed to be in a BOY BAND not a QB.....WHO I do like is Dak Prescott that's a leader!!!

SO I thought of great CBs and Safeties in the past. All were not just great athletes but all were very intelligent. Ronnie Lott,Rod Woodson,etc.

So I youtubed interviews of the top CBs and Safeties in this Draft and these guys have the" IT" factor. Lot of great athletes but being a smart player is more important

Paulson Adebo
Patrick Surtain
Caleb Farley
Caden Sterns
James Wiggins
Tyree Gillespie
KJ Sails
Camryn Bynum.
Marlon Character
Ritchie Grant
Tay Gowan

If we pick these guys, you have smart players and leaders. A smart player makes good decisions on and off the field. Smart players become the Leaders of the team. I wonder what happened to Pacman Jones he was a great athlete?. Yeah he is a bonehead who made bad stupid choices

Rumors out there that Caleb Farley is football stupid..just FYI

timb2

Reaction score
Yes I heard that too, but he also was a High School QB. He has good parents. Some could be rumors for him to drop in the draft.

timb2

Reaction score
Some of the negative interviews as I didn't see leaders were

Eric Stokes- Nice kid but didn't come off a leader to me.

Tyson Campbell- Great athlete but not the best at answering questions. The press ask him " What qualities seperates you from others"?..." Uh I'm a dawg".

Eric Molden- got the vibe he is cocky and himself first.

Kelvin Joseph- came off he is a individual not truly a team player .

Nate Hobbs- seems like a follower

TJ Carter- seems like a follower

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Brian St. Juste good interviews very smart

Israel Mukambu- Good interview humble kid

Rodarius Williams- . Hard worker but not sure to be a leader.

Jaycee Horn- Has some traits but not as strong as others I listed above.

Asante Samuel jr. - Something about him I like. Seems he will give it all up on the football field.

timb2

Reaction score
Yes I like them
Surtain
Farley
Adebo
Wiggins
Sterns
Newsome
Sails
St.Juste
Mukambu
Gillespie
Character
Grant
Gowan
Samuel
Bynum
D.Williams
Moehrig
Hufanga

On the fence
Horn
Carter
Hobbs
Stokes
Campbell
Molden
R. Williams
M.Wilson
T.Brown
Rochell
Hemby
McCloud
Pinnock

No
Joseph

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score

Asante Samuel jr. - Something about him I like. Seems he will give it all up on the football field.
I like Brian St. Juste from what I have read about him. Appears to be smart team first football player. I like those players.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Good thread but I think misguided. At corner I want a cocky awesome person. I dont really care if they are leaders. That position doesnt really breed leaders.

timb2

Reaction score
Good thread but I think misguided. At corner I want a cocky awesome person. I dont really care if they are leaders. That position doesnt really breed leaders.
Confident is secure with himself, cocky usually insecure inside.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Asante Samuel Jr. will excel in the NFL like all the other DB sons of former NFL DBs.