Cory Boyd, RB, South Carolina

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Anyone see this kid play much this year? I watched one SC game and thought he looked pretty good as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. He's big and fast, seems to run with passion, and definitely has some moves.

Might be a possibility in the 3rd along with Dantrell Savage and Matt Forte.

Thoughts?

PosterChild

Reaction score
He runs really hard- lots of heart- very versatile- not the fastest guy in the world, but neither was Emmitt. I think I'm the first one to make that comparison, btw. I'd pick him up in the 3rd.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
PosterChild;1892218 said:
He runs really hard- lots of heart- very versatile- not the fastest guy in the world, but neither was Emmitt. I think I'm the first one to make that comparison, btw. I'd pick him up in the 3rd.

I was thinking MBIII in terms of his aggressive running style. His forty time is listed as 4.47 which is comparable to the other leading backs except Felix Jones, Jamaal Charles, and Chris Johnson. It's not bad for someone who is 6'1 and 214.

This highlight shows something of this guy's determination and moves. Cory Boyd.

marchetta

Reaction score
I just DL, and watched, the SC vs Arkansas game yesterday. I wanted to get another look at DMac and Felix. After Jerry Jones introduced the Arkansas starting lineup, the reporters did a little piece on Cory Boyd, and it basically stated that he was going to use this opportunity to show people that he can play at the same level as DMac and Felix. Well, DMac had over 300 yds rushing, ~3 TD (2 rush/ 1 pass), and Felix had ~200 yds rushing and 3 or 4 TDs. While Cory didn't do much of anything. He got hurt around the 3rd quarter (pulled a stomach muscle), which may have caused him to look like an average RB. I think he finished the game with ~ 20 rushes for ~95-100 yards and 1 TD. The most memorable play came in the 4th quarter when DMac, who already had more than 200 yds rushing, broke off an 80 yd TD, and they showed Cory on the sideline with this ridiculous look on his face. He was in sheer amazement at what he was seeing from DMac. It was a priceless picture. That's all I know about him.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
marchetta;1892239 said:
I just DL, and watched, the SC vs Arkansas game yesterday. I wanted to get another look at DMac and Felix. After Jerry Jones introduced the Arkansas starting lineup, the reporters did a little piece on Cory Boyd, and it basically stated that he was going to use this opportunity to show people that he can play at the same level as DMac and Felix. Well, DMac had over 300 yds rushing, ~3 TD (2 rush/ 1 pass), and Felix had ~200 yds rushing and 3 or 4 TDs. While Cory didn't do much of anything. He got hurt around the 3rd quarter (pulled a stomach muscle), which may have caused him to look like an average RB. The most memorable play came in the 4th quarter when DMac, who already had more than 200 yds rushing, broke off a ~75 yd TD, and they showed Cory on the sideline with this ridiculous look on his face. He was in sheer amazement at what he was seeing from DMac. It was a priceless picture. That's all I know about him.

So you can relive that moment again. :D
LINK

He actually put up decent stats for that game: 17 rushes for 94 yards (5.5 avg) and a TD. 3 receptions for 38 yards (12.7 avg) 0 TDs.

PosterChild

Reaction score
marchetta;1892239 said:
I just DL, and watched, the SC vs Arkansas game yesterday. I wanted to get another look at DMac and Felix. After Jerry Jones introduced the Arkansas starting lineup, the reporters did a little piece on Cory Boyd, and it basically stated that he was going to use this opportunity to show people that he can play at the same level as DMac and Felix. Well, DMac had over 300 yds rushing, ~3 TD (2 rush/ 1 pass), and Felix had ~200 yds rushing and 3 or 4 TDs. While Cory didn't do much of anything. He got hurt around the 3rd quarter (pulled a stomach muscle), which may have caused him to look like an average RB. The most memorable play came in the 4th quarter when DMac, who already had more than 200 yds rushing, broke off a ~75 yd TD, and they showed Cory on the sideline with this ridiculous look on his face. He was in sheer amazement at what he was seeing from DMac. It was a priceless picture. That's all I know about him.

That's funny. This is where I first saw him too. And I recall the reaction shot of Boyd too. Good stuff--it was was like whiskey tango foxtrot???!!

marchetta

Reaction score
Sasquatch;1892249 said:
So you can relive that moment again. :D
LINK

He actually put up decent stats for that game: 17 rushes for 94 yards (5.5 avg) and a TD. 3 receptions for 38 yards (12.7 avg) 0 TDs.

LMAO! I had just went back to the game to get a screenshot of Boyd, I never thought to look for it on youtube. That, "It just ain't right" look on Boyd's face is classic! Thanks for the link.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
marchetta;1892239 said:
I just DL, and watched, the SC vs Arkansas game yesterday. I wanted to get another look at DMac and Felix. After Jerry Jones introduced the Arkansas starting lineup, the reporters did a little piece on Cory Boyd, and it basically stated that he was going to use this opportunity to show people that he can play at the same level as DMac and Felix. Well, DMac had over 300 yds rushing, ~3 TD (2 rush/ 1 pass), and Felix had ~200 yds rushing and 3 or 4 TDs. While Cory didn't do much of anything. He got hurt around the 3rd quarter (pulled a stomach muscle), which may have caused him to look like an average RB. I think he finished the game with ~ 20 rushes for ~95-100 yards and 1 TD. The most memorable play came in the 4th quarter when DMac, who already had more than 200 yds rushing, broke off an 80 yd TD, and they showed Cory on the sideline with this ridiculous look on his face. He was in sheer amazement at what he was seeing from DMac. It was a priceless picture. That's all I know about him.

that, and the South Carolina Oline this year was atrocious

I've been calling his name for awhile now on here, Sasquatch pretty much nailed the scouting report on him, against Tennessee, which they lost in overtime after coming back from being down 21 points:mad: , was probably his best game

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1894382 said:
that, and the South Carolina Oline this year was atrocious

I've been calling his name for awhile now on here, Sasquatch pretty much nailed the scouting report on him, against Tennessee, which they lost in overtime after coming back from being down 21 points:mad: , was probably his best game

Boyd is a no nonsense type runner. Very physical, will not win many foot races, has good vision and good hands. He wasn't the fastest RB in college so I'm concerned about his speed at the next level. I would take him on the 2nd day. I think he is a tough kid, plays with a chip and gives all he's got. He was for the most part, SC offense this year. Along with with Kenny McKinnley at WR.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
No thank you.......

Not when the likes of Kevin Smith, Jamaal Charles, and Chris Johnson are in the draft.....Not to mention Mendenhall, Stewart, Rice, Hart, Slaton and Choice

Bobo

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1895855 said:
ill pass i don't want another JJ

Another Julius Jones? He's so much more like Barber than Jones. Barber was actually the first name that came to my mind when seeing Boyd play. Similar guys, but Barber is simply better.

I'll agree with the Chris Johnson compliment. That's the one I want to see.