Cory Procter: turn in you Star please....

newlander

Reaction score
this guy is BRUTAL. They benched Jenkins for lack of heart and hustle, but this guy has no talent and no big signing bonus.(two big reasons Jenkins will be given a second chance) Hope he is cut on Monday. Sign someone off the street who is hungry.:bang2:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Have to agree. I've said it all season: Cory Procter is a turnstyle. He's one of those $29.99 tents you can get at Wal-Mart that folds up when someone accidentally kicks the support while you're out camping.

Brutal is a good descriptor.

punit328

Reaction score
i agree Proctor is horrible. Send him back to the Lions where he belongs.
BTW When is Jenkins and Miles Austin coming back?

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
CowboyMike;2471971 said:
Jenkins was benched? I thought he was injured.

Jenkins wasn't benched, he pulled that out of where the sun don't shine.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
punit328;2472002 said:
i agree Proctor is horrible. Send him back to the Lions where he belongs.
BTW When is Jenkins and Miles Austin coming back?

Miles Austin seems like our only WR that can get consistently open deep.

Anyone else missing Sam Hurd too? That guy was better than a lot of people remember.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
casmith07;2472048 said:
Miles Austin seems like our only WR that can get consistently open deep.

Anyone else missing Sam Hurd too? That guy was better than a lot of people remember.

Not so much on Hurd...

Reaction score
newlander;2471956 said:
this guy is BRUTAL. They benched Jenkins for lack of heart and hustle, but this guy has no talent and no big signing bonus.(two big reasons Jenkins will be given a second chance) Hope he is cut on Monday. Sign someone off the street who is hungry.:bang2:

I WILL NEVER POST ANYTHING ON PROCTOR AGAIN...he is not even worth commenting on anymore...

newlander

Reaction score
Easy Dawgs: I know he was hurt, but it was a convenient injury too. Meaning, he should've and might've been benched regardless. The play where he gave up on the tackle at the goal line vs. the Gspots was unforgiveable. The only way he should see the field this season is through injury. TNew,Scandrick, and Pac with Henry backing up.

Eskimo

Reaction score
newlander;2472078 said:
Easy Dawgs: I know he was hurt, but it was a convenient injury too. Meaning, he should've and might've been benched regardless. The play where he gave up on the tackle at the goal line vs. the Gspots was unforgiveable. The only way he should see the field this season is through injury. TNew,Scandrick, and Pac with Henry backing up.

He played after that game and was playing well until he pulled his hammy. I don't know if he'll be ready for next week, but we could use some depth back there in the secondary.

newlander

Reaction score
Fair enough Eskimo, just hope he has to earn it back and is more respectful of the game. Punk thing to do for sure.............

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
newlander;2472078 said:

I'll take Jenkins' one bonehead play per game plus his superior coverage over Anthony Henry's surefire giving up of a first down on 3rd and longs.

Eskimo

Reaction score
newlander;2472096 said:
Fair enough Eskimo, just hope he has to earn it back and is more respectful of the game. Punk thing to do for sure.............

I think people do need to give the kid a break - I don't think it was an attitude issue - he just hesitated in the moment because he thought someone else was going to make the tackle. I actually blame this one on Wade and his low-contact coaching philosophy in practice. The tackling has gotten much better as the season progressed making me wonder if the players just had to get into actual games to sharpen up their tackling skills.

Anyhow, a future group of CBs including TNew, Pacman, Scandrick and Jenkins may be the best group the league has seen in many years.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Eskimo;2472122 said:
I think people do need to give the kid a break - I don't think it was an attitude issue - he just hesitated in the moment because he thought someone else was going to make the tackle. I actually blame this one on Wade and his low-contact coaching philosophy in practice. The tackling has gotten much better as the season progressed making me wonder if the players just had to get into actual games to sharpen up their tackling skills.

Anyhow, a future group of CBs including TNew, Pacman, Scandrick and Jenkins may be the best group the league has seen in many years.

Let's wait for our beloved Terrance Newman to finally make a play of consequence before talking him up anymore. I'm tired of his sorry *** getting beat in OBVIOUS passing situations more than any other DB on this team save for Henry.
:mad:

Eskimo

Reaction score
mmohican29;2472135 said:
Let's wait for our beloved Terrance Newman to finally make a play of consequence before talking him up anymore. I'm tired of his sorry *** getting beat in OBVIOUS passing situations more than any other DB on this team save for Henry.
:mad:

You mean like that pick in the Skins game or the 4th down PD in that game?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Eskimo;2472163 said:
You mean like that pick in the Skins game or the 4th down PD in that game?

Or any of the other pass defenses or interceptions he's got in his career, or like the one season where opposing offenses refused to throw to his side of the field.

Terence Newman is an elite cornerback in this league. He's been beat deep only twice this season from what I can remember. Can't say the same about Henry.