Could Dorsey be our guy???

dcjules

Reaction score
With numerous threads about us trading up for DMAC, I was just wondering if maybe we have our eyes on someone else??? Most likely no, considering the price it would take to move up to #1, but on the other hand. Could there be a deal in which Barber isnt included, we signed a CB like Florence, then move up to draft Glen Dorsey to play the NT. Let Fergie share some time, Tank and Ratliff play DE..... my theory would be that we traded Spears/Carp and #1 to Fins... Just a thought!!!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dcjules;1934712 said:
With numerous threads about us trading up for DMAC, I was just wondering if maybe we have our eyes on someone else??? Most likely no, considering the price it would take to move up to #1, but on the other hand. Could there be a deal in which Barber isnt included, we signed a CB like Florence, then move up to draft Glen Dorsey to play the NT. Let Fergie share some time, Tank and Ratliff play DE..... my theory would be that we traded Spears/Carp and #1 to Fins... Just a thought!!!

Wow - Just WoW.

There is no way this team trades up for someone it doesn't need. :banghead:

Reaction score
I think we have the depth we need at NT especially if Fergie comes back. I like the way things are shaping up on our DL. If MDOT indeed gets worked out of Dallas.

canty ferguson ratliff
bowen johnson/Ratliff hatcher

something like that?
Id say we could use another pass rusher from the end position over a NT. But we could also address it later in the draft if we can find the right guy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, I do believe that it could be Dorsey or even Jake Long. From a financial perspective, it would make sense to make a trade up for one of these players. Dorsey represents a need pick that plays a position essential to the success of our defensive scheme for years to come. Most people don't really believe NT is a need for us but IMO, it is. Fergy is not a young guy anymore and he has a large cap number. Last year, we lost him for the whole season in the first game. That seriously impacted our defensive capabilities IMO. I could very easily see us making a move like that.

Long is another guy who is very highly rated who could make a great deal of sense for us. If Adams is not the long term answer for us at LT, we need to secure that position. Again, Adams represents a huge Cap number. The fact that we may be forced to sign Adams to a long term contract for big dollars may not be an attractive option for the team. It would make a lot of sense to take a franchise LT prospect and avoid a long term cap number invested in a player who is probably going to be on the decline before the end of that contract arrives.

In my opinion, either of those options could be the target for moving up in the draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dorsey will be a darn good ball player but I don't see Dallas moving up to the top 5 to get a D-lineman

Reaction score
dcjules;1934712 said:

That dosnt sound to rediculous. The only thing is if we were able to shop Carp and Spears would the most likely scenario be us shopping them together. I particularly like both of those players and I would like to see Carp get his shot at ILB this year but who knows.

I dont know how high are 22nd and those two players would take us on the draft chart? I doubt it would be high enough to get us to the top 5 but probably close. Spears and Carp would probably excel in someones 43D.

shooterware94

Benched
Reaction score
No way, if there is anybody that i want to play the Nt its ellis he's a better NT then dorsey is, anything can happen but i would much rather have ellis playing the 3-4 than dorsey

starfrombirth

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1934858 said:
Yes, I do believe that it could be Dorsey or even Jake Long. From a financial perspective, it would make sense to make a trade up for one of these players. Dorsey represents a need pick that plays a position essential to the success of our defensive scheme for years to come. Most people don't really believe NT is a need for us but IMO, it is. Fergy is not a young guy anymore and he has a large cap number. Last year, we lost him for the whole season in the first game. That seriously impacted our defensive capabilities IMO. I could very easily see us making a move like that.

Long is another guy who is very highly rated who could make a great deal of sense for us. If Adams is not the long term answer for us at LT, we need to secure that position. Again, Adams represents a huge Cap number. The fact that we may be forced to sign Adams to a long term contract for big dollars may not be an attractive option for the team. It would make a lot of sense to take a franchise LT prospect and avoid a long term cap number invested in a player who is probably going to be on the decline before the end of that contract arrives.

In my opinion, either of those options could be the target for moving up in the draft.

Do you really think Fergies salary is so much more cap unfriend as a high #1 pick?????:eek:

dcjules

Reaction score
I know Sedrick Ellis played great for USC, but isnt he 5-11, 265???? Where does he project as playing, thats not NT size...

dogberry

Reaction score
Great Blue has him at 6'1" and 295, while there were reports during the Senior Bowl week of over 300 lbs. I assume he could play any of our front three spots. Looks like he is much bigger than I had originally thought.