Could Ingram rush off the strong side

super8

Benched
Reaction score
WB: Honestly, I think you can do whatever you want with a guy like Melvin Ingram. He can do whatever he wants. http://www.cowboyszone.com/2011/12/new-greg-ellis-wes-bunting-breaks-down.htmlsign me up

JeffInDC

Reaction score
super8;4326966 said:
WB: Honestly, I think you can do whatever you want with a guy like Melvin Ingram. He can do whatever he wants. http://www.cowboyszone.com/2011/12/new-greg-ellis-wes-bunting-breaks-down.htmlsign me up

The selling point on Ingram is his unbelievable athleticism for a guy that is built like him (a tank). I think he COULD excel where Spencer can't because of that fact alone (Spencer just seems really stiff in his motions).

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Right now Ingram and Upshaw looks like the only 3-4 SOLBs that can come in and start day one. Andre Branch is another interesting player.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Starting to like this guy for the 1st round more and more

jnday

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;4327086 said:
Starting to like this guy for the 1st round more and more

If DeCastro is gone , this would be the first player that I would look at .

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jnday;4327362 said:
If DeCastro is gone , this would be the first player that I would look at .
Janoris Jenkins is the other player I would want. Jenkins can man an island. Ryan has to have that due to the blitzes he likes to send.
Remember the Giants game when we sent 7-8 so EIl just threw it up to the WR that was playing Newman. Thats why you need a Revis, Nnamdi type CB. SOme one who can play man and mirror every move of a WR so that pass cannot get completed.

I like DeCastro but I think a CB or OLB(if Spencer leaves) is a higher priorty. I can still find a starting caliper OG in the 2nd and 3rd but I can't find a day one SOLB pass rusher or a mirror CB in the 2nd or 3rd.

jnday

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4327434 said:
Janoris Jenkins is the other player I would want. Jenkins can man an island. Ryan has to have that due to the blitzes he likes to send.
Remember the Giants game when we sent 7-8 so EIl just threw it up to the WR that was playing Newman. Thats why you need a Revis, Nnamdi type CB. SOme one who can play man and mirror every move of a WR so that pass cannot get completed.

I like DeCastro but I think a CB or OLB(if Spencer leaves) is a higher priorty. I can still find a starting caliper OG in the 2nd and 3rd but I can't find a day one SOLB pass rusher or a mirror CB in the 2nd or 3rd.

I guess it's what you value in the draft . Oline has been a problem for the last several years . I'm ready to see it fixed . DeCastro is the only lineman that I would pick in the first though . He should be gone by the time the Cowboys pick . If not , I would pick him and spend the rest of the draft on defense . If he is gone , I would look at Ingram , Upshaw or Jenkins in the first and Konz or Brandon Washington in the second . So much of the draft will depend on resigning Spencer .

jblaze2004

Reaction score
who ever we draft or whatever to play across from ware he needs to have a high motor and be relentless, that is spencer's problem. He gives up easily when his first move is blocked. He kinds of look like he is just mirroring the qb. He has passrush moves of a NT.:laugh2:

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jnday;4327501 said:
I guess it's what you value in the draft . Oline has been a problem for the last several years . I'm ready to see it fixed . DeCastro is the only lineman that I would pick in the first though . He should be gone by the time the Cowboys pick . If not , I would pick him and spend the rest of the draft on defense . If he is gone , I would look at Ingram , Upshaw or Jenkins in the first and Konz or Brandon Washington in the second . So much of the draft will depend on resigning Spencer .

I agree, the draft depends on what Jerry wants to do with 18-20 million available in the salary cap. If they sign Carl Nicks and Calais Campbell and resign Spencer then you go into the draft with not that many needs and can almost go BPA.

jnday

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4327525 said:
I agree, the draft depends on what Jerry wants to do with 18-20 million available in the salary cap. If they sign Carl Nicks and Calais Campbell and resign Spencer then you go into the draft with not that many needs and can almost go BPA.

So many holes to fill , so few picks . :laugh1:

supercowboy8

Reaction score
jnday;4327534 said:
So many holes to fill , so few picks . :laugh1:
yep thats what free agency is for. The following are guys I would look at spending 20 million on this offseason. Now I know we wont get all of them these are just names of the players I like.

Carl Nicks
Calais Campbell
Anthony Spencer
Dashon Goldston
Laurant Robinson

and on NT below
Sione Pouha
Antonio Garay
Paul Soliai

jblaze2004

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4327545 said:
yep thats what free agency is for. The following are guys I would look at spending 20 million on this offseason. Now I know we wont get all of them these are just names of the players I like.

Carl Nicks
Calais Campbell
Anthony Spencer
Dashon Goldston
Laurant Robinson

and on NT below
Sione Pouha
Antonio Garay
Paul Soliai

out of your list give me Nicks, campbell, and the best NT. Then in the draft go OLB or CB or even safety if someone rise to the first round.

Ill take robinson if he isn't looking for a crazy contract (which he might be, which is why he might not be back in dallas).

VACowboy

Reaction score
He looks like a freakishly athletic brute in highlight films.

8.5 sacks. 13.5 TFL. 2 INTs.

In 2010 he had 9 sacks and 11 TFL.

I'll take him.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You take him and don't look back...guards are easy to come by in free agency or second or third rounds....a great pass rusher is VERY hard to find.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I like Ingram a lot, but when did he become this supposed elite pass rusher?

Also, the Gamecocks had him playing a lot with his hand on the ground against gaurds, and at 6'2" 270ish, he was quicker than most of them. I don't think he's some phenomenal athlete in general though. I'll be interested in seeing his shuttle and 10-yard split numbers.

VACowboy

Reaction score
realtick;4328244 said:
I like Ingram a lot, but when did he become this supposed elite pass rusher?

Also, the Gamecocks had him playing a lot with his hand on the ground against gaurds, and at 6'2" 270ish, he was quicker than most of them. I don't think he's some phenomenal athlete in general though. I'll be interested in seeing his shuttle and 10-yard split numbers.

I've never seen him play, so I'm judging from stats and highlights, but he looks strong and athletic to me, especially on those couple INTs. Like I say, though--I've never seen him play.