Could it be Cutler?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Combine has Culter glad to be back in Nashville
By BRYAN MULLEN
Staff Writer It's been a weird week for Jay Cutler.
He was poked and prodded and asked about animals and violent rages.

Such is the life for a highly regarded NFL quarterback prospect.

The former Vanderbilt standout — and newly anointed national media darling — returned to Nashville after spending most of last week at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

"I met with pretty much all the teams that are probably looking to take a quarterback, and some that weren't looking to take a quarterback," Cutler said. "I ran well. I threw well. But I was happy to get out of there."

Speculation on where Cutler will be drafted has been all over the board. He's a first-round lock, but could go anywhere from No. 3 to No. 15, according to experts. Right now, he's just looking forward to some recliner time.

After last week's craziness, who can blame him?…

• All NFL prospects take psychological tests. Some of the questions Cutler had to answer were, "What kind of animal would you like to be?" and "Have you had any violent rages?" With a laugh, Cutler said he couldn't remember what animal he picked, and said he isn't the violent-rage type.

• He met with each team that has a top-10 pick. He also met with the Dallas Cowboys, who have the 18th pick. Cutler didn't meet with the Tennessee Titans, but had spent a lot of time with the Titans staff during the Senior Bowl last month.

• He couldn't help avoid hearing the good and the bad. "I heard Mel Kiper, Jr. say I was the most overhyped guy in the draft," Cutler said with a smile.

• Even when he wasn't at the Combine, he couldn't stay away. Cutler said he found himself watching the NFL Network to check out how the other prospects were faring.

But no one was checked out more than Cutler. Knowing that Southern Cal's Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young weren't going to perform running or throwing drills, Cutler said he knew most of the attention was going to be on him.

"That's the reason I wanted to step up and throw, to get some of that media attention and ride that wave a little bit," Cutler said.

Next up for Cutler is Vanderbilt's Pro Day on March 17. He will perform throwing drills with former Vanderbilt receivers Erik Davis and Brandon Smith, along with former tight end Dustin Dunning.

Reach Bryan Mullen at bmullen@tennessean.com or 615-726-8947. •

trickblue

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Cutler wont make it out of the top 5. He could be a Favre or a Boller.

I agree...

It is interesting because I don't think we sit pat this year...

We are more than likely going to move down. but we could also move up if a player we want is there...

Jones said last week that he doesn't like that position around 20 and I think it is likely we don't pick there...

Letemburn

Reaction score
Yeah i agree but highly doubt it we move all the way up to the top 5 or move up period. I would like it if it happened, but it wont happen. Regardless its very interesting to why we would meet with him.

trickblue

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Yeah i agree but highly doubt it we move all the way up to the top 5 or move up period. I would like it if it happened, but it wont happen. Regardless its very interesting to why we would meet with him.

Yeah... that is what caught my eye...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Evidently some of the teams with high draft picks like what they see in Cutler so I think there is a good chance one of those teams could very well draft him early on.

heavyg

Reaction score
So what happens if Lienert and Young have horrible "personal" work outs. How far would they drop?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
heavyg said:
So what happens if Lienert and Young have horrible "personal" work outs. How far would they drop?

Chances are not much but I do think there is a chance that Cutler could end up being the 2nd QB taken.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Leinart 1st QB, Cutler 2nd, Yound 3rd. Any of them drop Young drops, not chance in hell he will ever go past #16 pick though.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
If Leinart doesn't shine duing his workout, I could see Cutler being the first QB taken. The NFL is a copy-cat league. They are all looking for the next Rothlishberger (however you spell that name.) Cutler is closer to that mold than Leinart. I'm not saying Rothlisberger is all that great, but he came in and played far better than most rookie QBs.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Cutler wont make it out of the top 5. He could be a Favre or a Boller.

Hey Boller may finally be stepping up and playing some good football......