Could Mike Holmgren Be Our Next Coach?...

felix360

Reaction score
Never will he be our coach, He wants a GM position, JJ is not going to give that up. Hells NO

felix360

Reaction score
235-68-capt.5affd445225b4e97ba4bcce81bceb9ab.nfl_combine_football_inmc108.jpg

Remember this picture, i wonder what they were talking about, maybe there some truth to this. :confused:

Hailmary

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
The obvious choice, but I'd be surprised if he left ND that soon, if at all.

Everyone has a price,no salary cap on coaches and JJ's got deep pockets. JMO.

Also, Weiss has a pretty cheap buyout clause @ ND.

Resurection of a premiere program + BP endorsement + deep pockets = succesor. Again, JMO.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Hell YEs I would love Him as our next COACH!!!!....WOW after Tunas rebuild he can take us to teh big dance for sure.:bow:

Gfunk

Reaction score
yeah right, like Jeruh would give up his GM position

he signs the players, reguardless of coaching input, Holmgren couldn't live with that arrangement

jrumann59

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
yeah right, like Jeruh would give up his GM position

he signs the players, reguardless of coaching input, Holmgren couldn't live with that arrangement

Maybe in the past but not anymore. And the Commanders have room to talk. You guys have had more cowboy thro aways then any other team in the league.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
pjt said:
Never...He said he wants to be the General Manager and Coach. He said if he is just going to coach he will just stay in Seattle.

What he said was he wouldn't leave for just a coaching job, like parcells said when he joined tha Cowboys this ain't just a coaching a job, this is THE coaching job any year in the NFL.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Morons. Look at the details that came out about Weis's extension: it will cost $15 million to buyout his contract which is a 10 year contract. JJ is NOT going to pay THAT.

DBoys

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Morons. Look at the details that came out about Weis's extension: it will cost $15 million to buyout his contract which is a 10 year contract. JJ is NOT going to pay THAT.

Morons would indicate we were aware of that clause in his contract. Pretty bold assumption considering I had no clue about it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It was discussed ad nauseum last december when it happened- at that time the same speculation had Weis supposedly going to other teams DESPITE his statements he was going nowhere. The school stepped up and signed him to a humonguous extensions- with a very specific buyout clause guaranteed to keep him there no matter what- probably did one specifically to make sure no crazy like Snyder would even consider it.

DBoys

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
It was discussed ad nauseum last december when it happened- at that time the same speculation had Weis supposedly going to other teams DESPITE his statements he was going nowhere. The school stepped up and signed him to a humonguous extensions- with a very specific buyout clause guaranteed to keep him there no matter what- probably did one specifically to make sure no crazy like Snyder would even consider it.

My bad I totally missed it but your right no way someone eats that kind of cost for a head coach.

burmafrd

Reaction score
ND probably had a meeting and it went like this: " we need to keep him- what kind of a contract would prevent him from leaving?. Well, we need to fix it so that even the craziest NFL owner won't try. OK- who is the craziest NFL owner. Snyder. OK- lets come up with a number even he won't swallow."