Could Temple's Muhammad Wilkerson Be a Top Ten Pick?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
82731_nfl_combine_football.jpg

Matthew Fairburn on Mar 22, 2011 3:01 PM EDT in 2011 NFL Draft

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/3/22/2065719/could-temples-muhammad-wilkerson-be-a-top-ten-pick

Don't look now, but we could have another Tyson Alualu type shocker in the top ten picks of the 2011 NFL Draft. Temple defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson is starting to garner some interest from teams selecting in the top half of April's draft. According to SI.com's Tony Pauline, Wilkerson has scheduled visits with both the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings. In addition, the former Owl has forthcoming visits with the Dolphins, Ravens, and Chiefs.

The massive 6-5 315 pound defensive tackle has commonly been found towards the end of round one in most mock drafts, but it is not crazy to think he could sneak into the top half of the first round by the end of April.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I would be shocked.

I think he's being a bit overhyped heading into the draft. I think he's a good prospect from a relatively weak program and people tend to fall in love with those guys.

I've said it before, but he reminds me a lot of Jason Hatcher when he was coming out of Grambling State. I don't mean that as a slight to him either. I see a big guy that flashes ability but at other times seems rather ho-hum.