could this be our FS?

JPostSam

Reaction score
he played as a CB, but he definitely has the size (at the combine he measured 6'2", 208) to play safety. and, since he has missed time, it may be a better idea for him to move.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/antoniocromartie.html

Antonio CromartieHeight: 6-3 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.37
antoniocromartie.jpg

Official Bio

four.gif
Strengths:
Has outstanding size with long arms...A tremendous natural athlete...Exceptionally fast for a guy of his dimensions...Has great hands and ball skills...Has a knack for coming away with the interception...Has fluid hips and is a pure cover man...Physical and will support the run...A threat to score every time he gets his hands on the ball...Is also a good return man...Proved to be a game changer during his short career with the Noles and came through with a number of impact plays...Has a ton of upside and hasn't even begun to reach his vast potential.

Weaknesses:
Is coming off of a knee injury...Has only played in 25 total games and has very little starting experience...Very raw and his footwork and technique need development...Needs to be more consistent...Is not a great tackler...Aggressive and will take too many risks at times...A project who has a high risk factor and his selection will be made mostly based on promise rather than actual production.

Notes:
Tore the ACL in his left knee in July and missed the entire 2005 season...Was a member of the FSU track team that won the ACC Championship in 2004...If his knee checks out okay in exams and he works out like he is capable of there is no reason why this guys stock won't soar leading up to the draft...A rare prospect who might have been a Top 5 overall pick in 2007 had he gone back to school.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
How many safeties would we keep? 5 and maybe 1 on the practice roster? Cromartie's speed is a plus because the FS has to be able to go from sideline to sideline in pass coverage, but he's raw as mentioned so maybe he could watch and learn for a bit as our 5th safety.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
It has been reported that the Dallas Cowboys were looking at him, at the combine I think, so you never know. I think they are looking at a safety, and covering their options of getting one maybe in 2nd or 3rd round. Best scenario Ive heard, is they trade down from their 18th spot, to about 21st ot 24th spot, take Bobby Carpernter or Manny Lawson at that spot, by trading down pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. I am sure in 2nd or 3rd round too, they are going to take a OT and WR. So, to me, you need an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Also, they made trade down in 3rd round again, to pick up an extra 4th, since they dont have a 4th round draft choice this year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cromartie has first round talent. If he drops to our pick in the second (due to his injury) I'd be ecstatic (sp?) if we drafted him.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
Cromartie has first round talent and will be gone by Round 2. No way Dallas drafts him to be a 5th Saftey:lmao2:

I'd play him Day 1 at FS if Big D picked him (i.e. 2nd round) . If he said that he would contribute anyway to team that picked him, then sure FS is immediate best option. I'm sure he would like cornerback money anyway so that contract negotiation would be interesting. He was a big time FSU recruit, hopefully his knee works out for whoever gets him..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
It has been reported that the Dallas Cowboys were looking at him, at the combine I think, so you never know. I think they are looking at a safety, and covering their options of getting one maybe in 2nd or 3rd round. Best scenario Ive heard, is they trade down from their 18th spot, to about 21st ot 24th spot, take Bobby Carpernter or Manny Lawson at that spot, by trading down pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. I am sure in 2nd or 3rd round too, they are going to take a OT and WR. So, to me, you need an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Also, they made trade down in 3rd round again, to pick up an extra 4th, since they dont have a 4th round draft choice this year.
It would have to be the 24th spot to pick up a 3rd, but the 21st spot will only get you a 4. Either way, it's a good idea to trade down, or out of the 1st all together.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dat Dude

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cromartie has first round talent and will be gone by Round 2. No way Dallas drafts him to be a 5th Saftey

I'd play him Day 1 at FS if Big D picked him (i.e. 2nd round) . If he said that he would contribute anyway to team that picked him, then sure FS is immediate best option. I'm sure he would like cornerback money anyway so that contract negotiation would be interesting. He was a big time FSU recruit, hopefully his knee works out for whoever gets him..
Welcome to the board. Your words are pretty big there.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Dat Dude said:
Cromartie has first round talent and will be gone by Round 2. No way Dallas drafts him to be a 5th Saftey:lmao2:

"Weaknesses:
Is coming off of a knee injury...Has only played in 25 total games and has very little starting experience...Very raw and his footwork and technique needs development...Needs to be more consistent...Is not a great tackler...Aggressive and will take too many risks at times...A project who has a high risk factor and his selection will be made mostly based on promise rather than actual production."

I didn't know anything about him and I guess I saw those words and thought well, project eh? Then maybe he won't be ready to right away. If you guys think he's ready to go, then who am I to argue as his strengths seem impressive.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:

I would be careful about moving past 20.. The Pats are at 21 and I think they would jump at the chance to get Carpenter. I believe he'll be healed up from his injury and do well at his pro day. Though I don't think he'll have elite speed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I would be careful about moving past 20.. The Pats are at 21 and I think they would jump at the chance to get Carpenter. I believe he'll be healed up from his injury and do well at his pro day. Though I don't think he'll have elite speed.

Elite speed does not equal elite player. We know he's a dang good LB so who cares how fast he is?

If our scouts were so anal about speed back in the 1990 draft, we never would of had one EMMITT SMITH on our team. Same goes for the 88 draft (Michael Irvin).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I still really like Griffin from Texas. You don't really hear about him because of Huff but he's a football player. I think he's got the natural ability to play FS in the NFL.

Anybody have a site that lists official times and weights from the Combine?

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Cromartie is CB all the way and top 5 overall talent had he not got hurt this season.

BigWillie

Reaction score
^

So was Rodrique Wright before the season.

*duck and covers for Longhorn fans*

;)

stilltheguru

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, I still really like Griffin from Texas. You don't really hear about him because of Huff but he's a football player. I think he's got the natural ability to play FS in the NFL.

Anybody have a site that lists official times and weights from the Combine?

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I said it before and i will again.griffin>>>huff.

trust that

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Ko Simpson who can play at FS and maybe even stop Santana Moss from burning us at the end of the game. Roy is our SS. Other than that Dallas has no other saftys whose job is that safe IMO.