Could this be the best secondary in Dallas history?

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Oh. I’d tap the breaks a little bit.
The 1971 champs had Mel Renfro, Herb Adderly, Cliff Harris and Cornell Green. That’s three Hall of Famers and one who ought to be.
They are pretty darn good, however

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Oh. I’d tap the breaks a little bit.
The 1971 champs had Mel Renfro, Herb Adderly, Cliff Harris and Cornell Green. That’s three Hall of Famers and one who ought to be.
They are pretty darn good, however
And walls and downs but i am thinking this group of corners and safeties is special

Cydios

Reaction score
OR the pass rush forced a ton of mistakes. Made it so much easier for an already good secondary

Reactions: CWR

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The disrespect of the 70s Cowboys is awful.

This secondary is balling, and we have tons of dudes horny for the football but let's please pump the brakes until we see the results in January.
These young safeties are incredible and with the addition of Gilmore….OMG…gilmore pic, digs strip, safties tackling and play makers with speed.. I have never seen anything Ike this since maybe early Dallas history

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
These young safeties are incredible and with the addition of Gilmore….OMG…gilmore pic, digs strip, safties tackling and play makers with speed.. I have never seen anything Ike this since maybe early Dallas history
It's a great scheme and we got fast players that play intense smart football.

But it has to produce results past the divisional round until we can make comparisons to the Tom and even Jimmy era defenses.

817Gill

Reaction score
And Hooker had a pick right in his chest.

He was moving a lot better than I’ve seen since his injuries.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
History? No. Man...no no no.

In the current NFL? It's solid. It's helped by the pass rush and it is fantastically complimented by it.

The entire defense seems to click even though it was at times soft in the middle tonight. It's built to work and the only shutout of week 1 speaks volumes.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think the best test will be the Eagles. They have the best Oline in the league and our pass rush probably won't be able to do what it did to the Giants tonight. So that will tell a tale I am pretty sure on the secondary. Probably not a good idea to declare it historic just yet. It's pretty clear though that upgrading Anthony Brown was the right thing to do.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Maybe in the entire NFL. The addition of Gilmore is HUGE. This guy can flat out can play. And gets pick.
Dallas history? Time will tell.

I remember watching a Cowboys secondary with two future HOFers, a member of the Cowboys 25th anniversary team, and the other guy was a three-time Pro Bowler.