could you see julius going to houston next year, or miami?

JPostSam

Reaction score
as for what to do with julius jones after the season, i think you have to consider who's going to be looking for running back help and how much they'll be willing to pay. a lot of fans are down on him right now, but you have to figure that julius' highlight film could net him a decent pile of cash from one of these teams with trouble in the offensive backfield.

i mentioned houston and miami, but green bay would have to be in the mix, too. if favre is thinking of staying around after this year's surprising results up there, they'll probably have to bring him some more established guy(s) to take the handoffs from him... and we already know what julius has done to the bears.

a lot of things will come into play -- barber's contract, the first round draft picks and who's available, for instance -- but i can see a situation where julius does enough for the rest of the season to make himself valuable to somebody else.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
92DoverTiger112;1741937 said:
I could see Julius Jones going to the Denver Broncos and lighting it up over there....

You and I could go to the Broncos and put up some good numbers! :laugh2:

When they teach the oline to cut block the knees of the defense, anyone can run when all the players are worried about their knees!

:cool:

Mansta54

Reaction score
92DoverTiger112;1741937 said:
I could see Julius Jones going to the Denver Broncos and lighting it up over there....

Me too!!! He would be PERFECT in MS offense...

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I've thought as well that if Julius left us he'd go to Denver. Their zone blocking scheme is perfect for him, and he'll shred it up over there. I'm sure Shanahan would love to have him as well, especially with all the stuff surrounding travis henry.

It would only pain me to see him successful somewhere else when I really thought he could be the next Great One for us. I sure hope he doesn't go there and we have to meet him and Denver in Superbowl XLIII.

Cutler, Jones, and Walker vs. Romo, Barber (McFadden?), and Owens

Triplets vs. Triplets.

Hmmm... Fascinating.

jcollins28

Reaction score
They tried to call Manning, James and Harrison triplets too. The only triplets I know of won or you could say collected super bowl wins. Lets ease off of throwing around terms like "triplets" around so as we do not cheapen it.

rojan

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1742048 said:
I've thought as well that if Julius left us he'd go to Denver. Their zone blocking scheme is perfect for him, and he'll shred it up over there. I'm sure Shanahan would love to have him as well, especially with all the stuff surrounding travis henry.

It would only pain me to see him successful somewhere else when I really thought he could be the next Great One for us. I sure hope he doesn't go there and we have to meet him and Denver in Superbowl XLIII.

Cutler, Jones, and Walker vs. Romo, Barber (McFadden?), and Owens

Triplets vs. Triplets.

Hmmm... Fascinating.

I would love for him to go to Denver and be the Next Great Denver RB.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Im sure Julius in Denver would work but I didn't think that Shanahan usually looked for RBs that ran INTO piles.