Countdown: 30 Days Until the Draft

Motorola

Reaction score
I assume a good number of the colleges' pro day sessions are over and done with - and those that have not been conducted - wiil take place the latter part of this week.
The league's 32 teams are now conducting their closing evaluations - through designated Top 30 Visits, along with Metropolitan Area Invitees.
Anyone have a player or two that you want the Cowboys to give a serious look-see when they arrive at The Star?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Cowboys scouts and analytics department will put together a long list of prospects, focusing on their strengths and weaknesses, their mental make-up, and the roles they could play on the Dallas Cowboys. They will cross reference that with the coaching staff and come up with 20 to 30 guys they would like to draft or go after as Undrafted Free Agents.

Jerry and Stephen will draft a guy with a cool nickname. Will McClay will spin it that he's the best player for the job. Mike McCarthy will say "great job Boss" no matter who it is and Zimmer will make an aggressive fist pump on the war room camera so the fan base knows "we got our guy!" Jerry will write up a new draft board on a napkin showing how whoever they drafted was really high on their board.

Don't fret Scouts, you can pick whoever you want in the 5th round.

rambo2

Reaction score
I assume a good number of the colleges' pro day sessions are over and done with - and those that have not been conducted - wiil take place the latter part of this week.
The league's 32 teams are now conducting their closing evaluations - through designated Top 30 Visits, along with Metropolitan Area Invitees.
Anyone have a player or two that you want the Cowboys to give a serious look-see when they arrive at The Star?
Guys that I would like with their 1st pick:

Brian Thomas Jr. would give us another outstanding receiver to go with Lamb.

Troy Fautanu would give us another outstanding offensive lineman.

Braden Fiske would finally give us a game changer at defensive tackle. A guy that disrupts on the interior defensive line. There is no way that he makes it to 56. It will be interesting on how high they are on him.

Jared Verse would give them an outstanding edge player for now and the future. A perfect replacement for Tank.

Byron Murphy is another disruptive defensive tackle.

Jackson Powers-Johnson is a dominant center.

Amarius Mims is a massive offensive tackle with a lot of up side.

Laiatu Latu might be the best edge rusher in the draft.

Adonai Mitchell another outstanding receiver to pair with Lamb.

Looks like I came up with 9 players I like a lot. I would like any of these players if they are healthy and dedicated to be the best.

Last edited: