Cover32: All-22 Week One Review

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
After re-watching the game using the NFL All-22 coach’s film, I have jotted down some observations that you may have missed during the NBC’s television broadcast.

• It is a very good thing that the Dallas Cowboys signed Brian Waters and plan to have him playing Sunday against the Chiefs. Mackenzy Bernadeau played possibly his worst game since he joined the team. Bernadeau allowed a sack, two quarterback hits, and two quarterback hurries in 54 pass blocking snaps. According to Pro Football Focus, Bernadeau graded out as the second worst right guard in week one. Defenders were consistently walking Bernadeau back into the quarterback, causing Tony Romo to release the ball quicker than he wanted to. Bernadeau is at his best when he is a backup that can fill in at any of the interior line positions. Brian Waters should be a major upgrade at the right guard spot, even at the ripe old age of 36.
  • Nick Hayden was a player that no one had on their radar entering training camp and I can’t express enough how impressed I was with his play. Hayden was incredible in the running game Sunday night, even forcing a fumble by running back David Wilson that resulted in a Barry Church touchdown and Wilson’s subsequent benching. Hayden plays with so much power, yet, there are times where his quickness jumps off the screen as he penetrates into the backfield. Hayden and Jason Hatcher provide a very solid starting duo in the middle of the defensive line for the Dallas Cowboys.
  • Dwayne Harris was outstanding on special teams Sunday night. He had three solo tackles and was virtually unblock-able on the punt unit. Harris has carved out a role on this team as a multidimensional weapon on offense, kick returner, punt returner, and special teams demon. Oh, and I forgot to mention Harris is also the team’s third string emergency quarterback.

Read the rest at: http://cover32.com/cowboys/2013/09/12/week-one-all-22-tape-review/

yentl911

Reaction score
Great post. I don't have the 22 film but it was evident Bern was getting tossed around pretty good. I was surprised the Giants didn't bring JPP inside on him during passing downs.

We also need to upgrade our safety position soon.

Zordon

Reaction score
Hayden can hold his own in the run game, something Lissemore never could do.

this is good stuff, i'll watch all-22 tonight.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I look forward to your analysis.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Hayden has been a real find. Great work by the front office and Marinelli.