Cowboys and Bears: 3-0 Postgame

ddh33

Reaction score
What an impressive performance from this team! And how about some of those individual efforts. Great stuff! I would imagine that this is the most excited Dallas fans have been for some time - I know that's true of me.

I really do believe the coaching staff has done a great job. I know a lot of people think that after victories, but it's more than that. These coaches have exhibited aggressiveness, emotion, and confidence in their team in such a way that it is really paying off big. Do you realize that this is the third game in a row where the game was still in doubt and this offense went for it on a key fourth down? And yes, they picked it up every time...Amazing.

Someone give this defense some credit. There were some unrealistic expectations on these guys to start the year. With a new system there were bound to be some kinks. Actually, I expect to still see some hiccups along the way, but those guys have done a great job of adjusting - especially when you acknowledge the missing pieces.

Great to see Terence Newman back. We've all missed you. And talk about a guy being involved in his limited time on the field. He looked glad to be back.

Along those same lines, Jacques Reeves looks like he's getting better and more confident. This experience has to help him a ton.

Speaking of experience and guys getting better, Anthony Spencer keeps coming along. I was pretty pleased with him tonight.

Demarcus Ware showed up in a huge way tonight. I thought he was held several more times than were flagged, but he was very disruptive. Not only did he get multiple sacks, he held up against the run and did a nice job of chasing down plays.

I thought the D-Line looked better. Those guys seem to be improving every week. I thought Canty was pretty disruptive. Congrats to Remi for forcing the fumble too.

Roy Williams had a bad play where he tried to knock down the TE instead of wrapping up tonight, and it cost the team. I always feel bad for those plays because I'm afraid that a lot of fans will remember that and forget about the key tackles short of the first down marker and the interception that ended the game. I thought he played well.

Anthony Henry is playing great right now. He's really attacking the ball, and I like to see that. I think we have seen some of the softer coverages this year, but we have also seen the benefit of keeping the ball in front of you and breaking on it.

The Dallas O-Line is just wearing teams out. Defenses look done at some point in the third quarter, but those big guys just keep hitting them and leaning on them. I saw some questionable penalties, but those guys did a very good job overall. The Bears have a ton of speed, and I was interested to see how the big guys would match up with it. They weren't perfect, but they more than held their own.

Speaking of the OL, I thought McQuistan had one of the biggest plays of the game by chasing down that blocked kick. He probably saved a touchdown, and I thought that really helped Dallas stay in control of the game. I loved that hustle.

Sam Hurd can play on my team anytime. He catches what's thrown to him, blocks like a mad man, and plays special teams. I'll take a few more of him.

TO takes a lot of flak, but man, does that guy make plays! He came up huge tonight, and no one had an answer for him. Along those lines, how about the creativity being shown by this offense. He gets moved around a lot.

And speaking of moving around a lot, Tony Romo is a magician. He took a few sacks tonight, but he absolutely controlled that game. People can talk about TO and Witten beating Chicago in the middle, but Romo's scrambling ability and accuracy is what really did them in. They just didn't have an answer for him. Oh, by the way, Jerry, the price keeps going up.

The team seemed to pass to set up the run tonight, and I admire the versatility. I was also pleased with the running in the second half. Marion Barber was a hero again with his toughness, but I thought Julius Jones played really well too. Most of his best plays got called back by silly penalties, but I liked his burst. Hopefully he's okay after leaving the game with an injury of some kind. I really do like this one-two punch. And how about the punishment Barber gives! The Bears didn't look like they wanted to hit him anymore in that fourth quarter.

Nick Folk has impressed me. He got a kick blocked tonight, but it didn't look like he kicked it too low. The Bears just did a good job. Ultimately, Folk has hit his kicks, and it always looks good. Let's hope that keeps up.

Devin Hester did a lot of talking, but the Dallas coverage teams backed up their words a lot more powerfully than he did. Watkins and Davis, especially, did some nice things.

I keep reminding myself of how far from being at their peak these guys are. That's good news for the optimists. Good news for the realists: the record says 3-0.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Definitely a big big win...Doesn't matter how bad Grossman is, that was a 1st rate defense that got carved up tonight...Plus, they got the lion's share of bogus calls.

True, a lot of us are going to have that weak hit by Roy stay in our heads but watching Grossman stare down his receiver to jump the pass and get the INT makes up for it, IMHO.

The offense obviously played great and game ball has to go to Romo...He was fantastic and just got better as the game went on...A LOT of dropped balls in the first half...That and some mental mistakes leading to penalties really killed any chance at momentum.

Still can't believe Crayton dropped that TD, bizarre.

Hurd taking out Archuleta, classic stuff.

I thought even Julius Jones played well...Anyone know what the word is on his injury?

How good is this offense going to be when Glenn is back?

DWare got his sack lining up wider and got great pressure after rushing the passer standing up another play....Great to see him be a factor...Spencer had a great sack, apparently off a scheme learned from film on the Bears previous game, great work from the coaching staff.

Special teams...Got a kick blocked but otherwise were pretty impressive...Kickoffs were well hit and covered...Did it not seem like there was a fumble by the Bears on nearly every kickoff return?...Big part of the victory, IMHO...Particularly, in the 2nd half.

How much of a difference does Newman make for the defense?...A LOT.

I saw Carpenter in there several times but didn't see him make any plays...Did I miss something?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Just a word of appreciation for ddh33. You do a good job with both these wrap-ups and the Mavericks wrap-ups. I always look forward to reading them no matter what season we're in. :D

Aikbach

Reaction score
Best I've felt about the team since week four of 1999 when Irvin's career ended, had he not gotten hurt I'm convinced Dallas would've gone to the NFC Championship if not Super Bowl in a last hurrah for the triplets.:eek::