Twitter: Cowboys and Steelers to play in 2021 HOF game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I assume everybody will be vaccinated and the preseason games will actually be played this year. There was a lot not to like about what we were treated to as far as football this year with half arse training camps and no preseason. Things need to get back to as close to normal as possible this season!! I need my August football! LOL! I have not played in 40 years but my body still starts itching to start getting into football shape every first week of August to this day. Football is in my blood!

Motorola

Reaction score
I assume everybody will be vaccinated and the preseason games will actually be played this year. There was a lot not to like about what we were treated to as far as football this year with half arse training camps and no preseason. Things need to get back to as close to normal as possible this season!! I need my August football! LOL! I have not played in 40 years but my body still starts itching to start getting into football shape every first week of August to this day. Football is in my blood!
'RonnieT24': every August - I put on cleats, knee pads, and gloves - and spend the month doing the practice warm-up from my HS playing days (early-to-mid 70s. I know it from memory...but I will write it out during late spring as a keepsake).
It stirs recollections of working hard, persevering through adversity, and defying odds to make the team. It keeps me in the perspective on how hard it is just to do well on a college football squad - or to achieve the Herculean goal to be on an NFL roster.
Plus --- those workouts in the hot humid Georgia summers i help. in my goal to live a couple of more healthy and hearty decades more on this Earth.
But--- it won't work unless I cut out the bad eating habits!!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watch every minute of all the PS games. I like to see what the last guy on the roster has, as well, the PS players.

And the extra game this year, is needed, as it helps for the lack of PS games last year. I think the lack of off-season work and PS hurt many teams last year. And also contributed to injuries.

Be assure though, MM will use this extra game, to prepare the starters. If it was Garrett, it would be wasted time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those same teams were supposed to play the HOF game in 2020 but was cancelled.

Yes. I called this would be the game a year ago when they announced Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher were going into the HOF. And sure enough they announced it later on in the year. Many others probably did the same, it was too obvious for it not to be the game. They said last year after it was cancelled, it most likely would be the same in 2021.

Aven8

Reaction score
LOVE the extra preseason game this year. I see nothing but positive coming out of this game. Any extra time that can be spent on player evaluations is a bonus.

Only thing that sucks is it's 6 months away!

Yep. They will get to report to TC earlier than everyone else as well. That’s what we needed last season big time!