Cowboys are Undefeated in Navy Jersey/White Pants Combo Since 2020

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Since everyone just loves uniform curses around here, I thought I'd point out that we seem to have stumbled on the inverse. It occurred to me on Saturday that we seem to always win when wearing the navy jersey/white pants combo. I checked and the Cowboys are actually 9-0 in that uniform combination since McCarthy took over in 2020, and are 13-1 in it since they started wearing it in 2017, with the only loss coming against the Vikings in 2019. We also won the first road playoff game since the SB years against Tampa Bay last year in that uni-combo.

If we get the 2 seed then I hope they say screw tradition and wear this uniform for as long as possible. Not only is it gorgeous, it's a proven winner. We don't need a good running game, o-line depth, or good LB play when we have lucky uniforms on our side. They better not screw around and wear silver pants against Washington this week....

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I blame the white pants for the phantom tripping call.
I agree teams should try and create contrast for stuff like that. Though I think it was the white socks in this case, Hendershot should have worn navy socks like most of the team. I hate this all white trend, it looks weird when half the team wears blue socks and the other half white. They've been doing that all year, even with the normal home whites (which look really rough with white socks with the home blue/silver pants).

I do appreciate wearing navy again Detroit since their silver/blue is kinda close to ours when we wear the home whites.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Since everyone just loves uniform curses around here, I thought I'd point out that we seem to have stumbled on the inverse. It occurred to me on Saturday that we seem to always win when wearing the navy jersey/white pants combo. I checked and the Cowboys are actually 9-0 in that uniform combination since McCarthy took over in 2020, and are 13-1 in it since they started wearing it in 2017, with the only loss coming against the Vikings in 2019. We also won the first road playoff game since the SB years against Tampa Bay last year in that uni-combo.

If we get the 2 seed then I hope they say screw tradition and wear this uniform for as long as possible. Not only is it gorgeous, it's a proven winner. We don't need a good running game, o-line depth, or good LB play when we have lucky uniforms on our side. They better not screw around and wear silver pants against Washington this week....
i'd like them to add in the white helmet with that combo

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's good. I always loved the blue jerseys now I don't have to cringe anymore when they take the field.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I agree teams should try and create contrast for stuff like that. Though I think it was the white socks in this case, Hendershot should have worn navy socks like most of the team. I hate this all white trend, it looks weird when half the team wears blue socks and the other half white. They've been doing that all year, even with the normal home whites (which look really rough with white socks with the home blue/silver pants).

I do appreciate wearing navy again Detroit since their silver/blue is kinda close to ours when we wear the home whites.
The equipment manager needs to be fired. In 2021 Anthony Brown got flagged for PI at least 4 times against the Raiders while wearing white gloves against the Raiders black jerseys. At least wear black gloves so it blends in with the opponents jerseys.

jwitten82

Reaction score
So not only has Dak finally given us a home field advantage, over 70% wins at home, he's also broken the blue jersey curse. Romo could never

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Blue, white or nothing , jersey color is no matter as long as we play well and beat the opponent in front. Basically we need to go on win out every game we play now , (5 games )

cowboyed

Reaction score
What's next we'll win the Super Bowl if the uniforms are also relaxed fit?