Cowboys Ball Hawk DBs

quickccc

Reaction score
Ever since the team was lacking turnover creating ball hawks from the Rod Marinelli dayz, it seems like the club
has really been placing a very heavy emphasis on finding/adding ball hawk DBs

- We already know well about Trevor Diggs. (i still feel terrible he's on IR this year)
Bland leads NFL in INTs in '23, and he's also set a NFL record for pick-six returns for TDs.
Where would we be if not for Bland- and the trade for Gilmore ?

- What I also like now heading into the do- or- die playoffs now, is both Donovan Wilson and Jourdan Lewis are on hot streak
now - per last final two games of the season, with turnovers. Donovan finally seems like he's shaping back into '22 form.
Both have created 4 turnovers in the last 2 games. Lewis seems to have a great knack for slithering in traffic vs RB ball carriers
and somehow stripping the ball away.

- All of our starting DBs seem to have it in them for INTs. It has not been a banner year for Kearse & Hooker in that INT area
but we've seen what they can produce in INTs in the past.

- I am so glad to have that turnover element in our favor,.. in our DBs: because we are really gonna need that with these
upcoming playoff games vs these NFC QBs - ala Love, Stafford, Goff, Hurts, and Purdy.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
When you list there names like that they really don’t seem to daunting.

I hope our D, proves me right!!!!!!!!

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Al Harris was a great GB CB. He is a great Cowboy DB coach, young, involved, caring. I watched him on the sidelines in the Miami game and he is full of energy, always in communication with his guys, making pointers throughout the game. Very impressive coach.

CWR

Reaction score
Al Harris was a great GB CB. He is a great Cowboy DB coach, young, involved, caring. I watched him on the sidelines in the Miami game and he is full of energy, always in communication with his guys, making pointers throughout the game. Very impressive coach.
Yeah, it seems his guys want to play hard for him. Hes a good one. I hope we can keep him around for awhile.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems his guys want to play hard for him. Hes a good one. I hope we can keep him around for awhile.
i wonder what would go down if Quinn departs to be HC, and would he want either Joe Witt Jr. to be his new DC, or if Witt remains to be promoted to Cowboys new DC, could Quinn pull to get Harris to be his new DC ?

Not sure if Jerry would want to block both Witt and Harris from leaving for promotions outside the club.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
i wonder what would go down if Quinn departs to be HC, and would he want either Joe Witt Jr. to be his new DC, or if Witt remains to be promoted to Cowboys new DC, could Quinn pull to get Harris to be his new DC ?

Not sure if Jerry would want to block both Witt and Harris from leaving for promotions outside the club.
I would think it depends on who they want for that d coordinator spot. You can bet Quinn will try to take some of his guys with him. He has to promote though, otherwise Jerry won't let em out the door.