Cowboys | Barber working of fumbles

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Cowboys | Barber working of fumbles
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:43:49 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III has been ordered by head coach Bill Parcells to carry a football with him the entire day Monday, Aug. 7, because he has had too many drops. Parcells expects Barber to be a major factor in the offense in 2006, but needs to stop putting the ball on the ground.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Heh, maybe he should just tape the ball to his hands ala Friday Night Lights?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Forgive me, I have a story. A guy I played college ball with a guy who was from Hawaii. He never played ball until he was a Senior in High School. He had some fumbling problems so his HS Coach told him to do his evening runs with a football tucked under his arm. 1 mile in the left arm, 1 mile in the right.

When he told his coach he didn't have a football his coach told him to get one or "get something" the same size. So he got a pineapple and ran with it like a footbal.

Naturally when he told us this story we started calling him "Pineapple."

Later that year my younger brother came to stay with me for a while. One night a bunch of us went out and he tagged along. He walks right up to this guy and says, "Hi Pineapple."

Lakei picked him up off the ground and basically curled him to eye level with him. He then said, "don't call me Pineapple Haoli (pronounced howley), you not a brudda."

I swear my brother's eyes bugged out and I nearly had an accident laughing.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I like MB3 alot, not as much as I like JJ tho but I think MB3 could do alot of damage for us. BUT, he does fumble waaaaay to much. He put it on the ground too many times last year too. Fumbles will kill a team and BP will never trust him if he continues. He has got to stop that.... Kid has game!!!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Barber does scare me with the fumbling....glad to see BP is taking not of it!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon said:
Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III has been ordered by head coach Bill Parcells to carry a football with him the entire day Monday, Aug. 7, because he has had too many drops.
Whatever it takes.