Cowboys blowouts set new NFL record

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve been talking about how impressive these blowouts have been this year even if they are all against losing record teams .

Turns out that no NFL team had ever won their first 5 homes games by a margin of 20 points or more. New NFL record.

The story in paper this morning didn’t state what or if any record it broke just that we are the first to set such a mark.

lkelly

Reaction score
The most sacred of all NFL records. I bet Jerry has a ceremonial plaque commissioned and hung over top of the Eli Manning signature.

shape%2Fcover%2Fsport%2FzDIu6qQl-b3e79b8acf46acfdc39715062e498e51.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah people can complain that we have not beaten anybody but they can't complain about how we have beaten those nobodies!
All NFL victories are notable regardless the opponent. They are capable of winning games too. There are no East Carolina’s in NFL.

The bigger argument or deflection is the fact we haven’t beaten any teams with a winning record. Otherwise this new NFL mark wouldn’t be shot down as it has been.

Flamma

Reaction score
We’ve been talking about how impressive these blowouts have been this year even if they are all against losing record teams .

Turns out that no NFL team had ever won their first 5 homes games by a margin of 20 points or more. New NFL record.

The story in paper this morning didn’t state what or if any record it broke just that we are the first to set such a mark.
I just mentioned something in a another thread just for the reason you brought up. I just wanted to see what kind of line I would get if I bet the Cowboys -20. I would get 324 dollars for every 100 I bet. That's what it was the last time I looked at it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just mentioned something in an another thread just for the reason you brought up. I just wanted to see what kind of line I would get if I bet the Cowboys -20. I would get 324 dollars for every 100 I bet. That's what it was the last time I looked at it.
3-1 isn’t what I’d call a very sizable return for laying so many points. Especially in NFL.

You’d think it would be much higher pay out. But the fact we are practically 10 point favorites straight up is perhaps why.

Flamma

Reaction score
3-1 isn’t what I’d call a very sizable return for laying so many points. Especially in NFL.

You’d think it would be much higher pay out. But the fact we are practically 10 point favorites straight up is perhaps why.
Agreed. But since the Cowboys have been wasting teams recently at home, that might be why too. But tell me. Would you rather take that, or take Seattle +20 and pay out almost 5-1 odds if you lose?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. But since the Cowboys have been wasting teams recently at home, that might be why too. But tell me. Would you rather take that, or take Seattle +20 and pay out almost 5-1 odds if you lose?
They’re both sucker bets .

I don’t like going against Dallas but if I was wagering I’d be inclined to take Seattle and the 9.5 or 10 points straight up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
SURE BEATS US BEING ON NFL REPLAY EVERY WEEKEND FOR ALWAYS BEING IN CLOSE GAMES

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Start beating teams in playoff contention and teams with winning records, 5 prove it games lie ahead(Sea,Buf,Phil,Mia,Det) for the Cowboys, time to show up and win those games......beating up on dreadful football teams doesn't impress.....

quickccc

Reaction score

Record setting ? ... Link Pleeasez ? :huh:

Reaction score

It's a combination of having a large number of horrible NFL teams and also a defense built to punish you for falling behind. There's also the fact that this offense hasn't run the ball well so they just keep passing and bumping up the score even when they're ahead.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Record setting ? ... Link Pleeasez ? :huh:
Here you go. I found another source this site allows linking .

No team in NFL history has opened a season with five home games featuring all 20-points-or-more blowouts ... until now. The Cowboys have outscored visitors 205-60 at home and have never trailed.”
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/protect-att-stadium-dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-preaches-key-to-winning-at-home#:~:text=No team in NFL history has opened a,visitors 205-60 at home and have never trailed.

plasticman

Reaction score
I keep hearing that we shouldn't be impressed with these blowouts.

Okay, so did these teams get blown out by every opponent?

The Cowboys lead the league this season in wins with margins of 20 or more points. They have seven. The next team has four.

Meanwhile, the Eagles lead the league in wins with margins of 7 or less points. They have six.

Common opponents were the Rams, Panthers, Patriots, Jets, and Commanders. The Eagles average margin of victory for these teams is 6 points. The average margin for the Cowboys is 24.6 points.