Twitter: Cowboys celebrating 60 years, 12 best plays in history

John813

Reaction score
Eh some in there like CDL and the TWill ones were meh. At least if they wanted a Romo one they should of used the Romo Watt spin to Williams Td.

No love for the Aikman to Rocket bomb in ot?

Larry Allen sprint on the Int?
Butch Johnson catch in the 78 sb?

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I feel fortunate enough to remember seeing everyone of those plays live except #10, the Meredith TD pass against the Skins. I was only 1 year old, so I think I have a good enough excuse.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Eh some in there like CDL and the TWill ones were meh. At least if they wanted a Romo one they should if used the Romo Watt spin to Williams Td.

Butch Johnson catch?

Butch Johnson made some hellacious catches in his time...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Some of my personal favorites.

The Emmitt run against the Bears.

Romo to Beas in the back of the endzone, as time expires, against the Giants.

Zeke's screen against the Steelers.

James Washington defending the star from T.O.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Eh some in there like CDL and the TWill ones were meh. At least if they wanted a Romo one they should of used the Romo Watt spin to Williams Td.

Butch Johnson catch in the 78 sb?

No question .....Larry Allen's play is top ten....easy

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I was there the day Emmitt broke the rushing record. It was just another running play but we lost the game.
As we realized we witnessed history you could tell the crowd was bummed because we lost the game to Seattle. Probably had a lot to do with the build up.

I saw Nolan Ryan throw his 7th No Hitter and Emmitt break the All Time Rushing record. Honestly, I don't know anyone that really gives a ****.
Yeah, I guess that means I'm getting old.

But how many people in the world can say they witnessed both of those events? It is possible I could be the only person in history of the world to witness both of those events.

"Of course we knew going into the Cowboy game Emmitt would get the record at home so it ended up anticlimactic. Ryann's 7th no-hitter wasn't expected and from the 6th inning on, the electricity in the stadium is something you just have to experience to explain. Every pitch and every play just sent a jolt of electricity through your body. Never been that high."

cowboyec

Reaction score
2 of my personal favorites that didn't make the cut.
☆Ed "too tall" Jones deflects phil simms pass to Jim Jeffcoat who runs it in for a TD vs the giants in '85 to help clinch the east.
☆Herschel's game winning TD run in OT vs new england in '87.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Some of these were ridiculously bad choices. One run from Emmitt and it was a very average run? I know it set the rushing record but it was nothing special as a play. What about the TD on the hit and fumble on Kelly in Super Bowl 27? That was a HUGE play. The Butch Johnson catch in Super Bowl 12? The fumble recovery TD in Super Bowl 28 that turned the game completely around?