Twitter: Cowboys claim G Donald Hawkins; release Wetzel

fifaguy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

But seriously though.. I am sure it is an upgrade. Like that we aren't standing pat with what we have.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
So we sorta traded this guy for Byrd with the Browns. A little give, a little take.

Gaede

Reaction score
Recognize that name, can't tell you much about him though. Passed the name recognition test.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
reading evaluations that he is projected to play guard. Hoping for more talent at tackle rather than our current backups there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hope that means he's not a scrub.

Oh, I won't bad mouth any recent pick up. At least with this fan, I wait and observe when someone new enters the group...as he should do also, before making any changes himself.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys basically traded Byrd for this Hawkins guy. Thinking we did not make out on this deal.

On a team with Dez, T-Will, Beasley, Harris, and Street, does anyone actually expect that Byrd was even going to dress for games on Sundays? He would've been on street clothes as part of the inactive guys every week.

Unless we were cutting Cole Beasley or going long at WR, this is the expected outcome. But fans around here basically wanted to put Byrd in Canton.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm seeing that Donald Hawkins is a rookie. How did he play 1000 snaps?

I stand corrected...

I was looking at the record of Andrew Hawkins who also plays for the Browns.

The football playing Hawkins I guess...