Cowboys defense...

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I haven't had internet since Thursday night, so I thought I'd come on here and see how most people felt about the Cowboys defense this past Thursday?

Here's my two cents. Even though we won the game, I was utterly frustrated at the lack of pass rush and the fact that we keep getting burned by the same play over and over again. Whenever a team needs a score, they just dial up the old fullback in the flats play or the TE quick out. It seems like the other team gets stopped because they fail to execute and not because we blew up their play. Our mantra on defense must be...play base and make them make a mistake. When they execute, they win. I came away from watching the game convinced that this is NOT a superbowl caliber defense. Am I wrong?

Is Zimmer the wuss that we make him out to be or is he just doing Parcels' bidding? That's something I still can't figure out, but I lean towards Zimmer since we still have the same problems from before Parcels showed up. Read and react...bend but don't break...and susceptible to the long ball defense. Oh yeah...I love how we only have one blitz package...bring the two safeties up the middle and run everyone into everyone else...classic. I watched the Eagles tonight run a blitz where they ran everyone up and then stunted the safeties outside...why can't we do that?

Oh yeah...one more thing...what is up with all the teams trick playing us to death???

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
My opinion on the fullbacks having their way with us is simple:

Mora watched the Saints game and Zimmer did not.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
jrumann59;1242305 said:
Part me thinks zimmer wasn't even at the saints game.

That would explain alot...it was the backup Zimmerbot they keep in the equipment trunk for when Zimmer has duties to attend to on another planet.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Yeah. It's Zimmer. BP the micro-manager has nothing to do with the defense. Right.