Cowboys Defensive Line Coach At San Jose St. Pro Day - Viliami Fehoko

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This team needs dudes on the DL. And he’s one of them. I think he gives you versatility to put together bigger fronts. Really like what we have done defensively. The TE still a head scrather.
Pretty clear they panicked at TE when they saw the huge run in them at the top of the second.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
@AsthmaField has been otherworldly through this draft process. I have never seen a random fan so thoroughly own the professional mock drafters. I was watching day 1 and the round fell far more like what he said than any of the talking heads. As players got drafted, I was actually quoting Asthma to the people I was watching with.
Agreed. @AsthmaField has been great. And such a great username

Bigdog

Reaction score
Tackles
Kancey 92
Fehoko 190

Tackles for Loss
Kancey 34.5
Fehoko 47

Sacks
Kancey 16
Fehoko 23
Xwalker, in all fairness to Kancey, he probably played against better competition. Not taken anything away from Fehoko but the league that they played in is not top notch. It’s good but not great. One of my daughters goes to Fresno so I have been able to see some games on TV and in person. I do like Fehoko motor and hopefully he will turn out to be a really good pro.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Xwalker, in all fairness to Kancey, he probably played against better competition. Not taken anything away from Fehoko but the league that they played in is not top notch. It’s good but not great. One of my daughters goes to Fresno so I have been able to see some games on TV and in person. I do like Fehoko motor and hopefully he will turn out to be a really good pro.
True, but that could have been said last year after drafting Daron Bland (Fresno St) and there was maybe two rookie CBs better than him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
True, but that could have been said last year after drafting Daron Bland (Fresno St) and there was maybe two rookie CBs better than him.
True. Bland was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully he can improve and there is no sophomore slump

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Dallas sent their DL coach to the San Jose State pro day to watch and workout DL Fehoko, who is a little bit of a pet cat of mine because he plays with an absolute relentless nature. The guy is always going at about 100 MPH. I will always be a big fan of that kind of effort.

He is the second cousin to Vita Vea and has a rugby background as well as his college football experience.

His pro day results:

Size: 6-4 282lbs.
40 time: 4.72
Arms: 33”

Fehoko can be viewed as somewhat of a tweener at 6-4 282 lbs., much like Tuli Tuipulotu was at USC. Also like Tuli, Fehoko could be used some on the edge on run downs, but his pass rush would likely be utilized inside at 3-Tech DT on passing downs.

Here is the PFN write-up from his pro day:

More than 40 scouts were on hand for SJSU’s Pro Day, quite likely a record for the Mountain West program. And most were on hand to see defensive lineman Viliami Fehoko, who did not disappoint. Fehoko tipped the scales at 282 pounds, six more than his weight at the Combine.

He ran in the low 4.7s (4.72 seconds on many watches) and looked outstanding in position drills. He was relentless during defensive line drills, which were run by the Philadelphia Eagles. The Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons had DL coaches on-site as well.

Fehoko measures a shade under 6’4″ and comes with arms that are 33″. He’s one of the most intense defenders you’ll find in this year’s draft class and offers the versatility to be used at a number of spots up front. He projects as a middle-round pick, and Fehoko could sneak into the third round.

Anyway, I just wanted to post something about one of the mid-round guys that I like. He is versatile and plays the game like it means something to him. I’ve been hoping to maybe get him in the 4th round, but it sounds like his stock is rising, so I don’t know any more. I’m just glad that Dallas had the DL coach there to work him out. At least I know that one of my mid-round pet cats is on the team’s radar.

Link to the article:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ll-levis-stephen-f-austin-standouts-and-more/

Here is a part of his write up from The Draft Network:

Fehoko plays with a hot motor—he does not stop attacking offensive linemen. Whether versus the run or pass, he plays with a relentless mindset. His hands are and remain active during reps with multiple punches thrown. I appreciate the play strength and physicality he plays with at the point of attack in the run game. He has the physical strength to anchor, stack, and shed blocks on the edges. Fehoko has an understanding of the different run-blocking concepts and how to win against them. He does a good job with his hands defeating zone blocks to remain clean and upright as he flows with the football.

As a pass rusher, his productivity has increased over the last three seasons. Fehoko has multiple hand counters and moves to win. He has an understanding of not overrunning the play and getting out of the quarterback’s reach on outside rushers. Instead, he retraces his steps or spins back inside to catch the quarterback as he attempts to step up in the pocket. There are flashes of a two/double-handed swipe to reduce the hitting surface for the offensive lineman and knock their hands down altogether.

The link for that write-up:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/viliami-fehoko-33536407-d43f-4864-8803-6d52c744c5d9/
Future DT 3 - I read somewhere that he was #2 against the run in CFB.

rags747

Reaction score
He’s going to be a 3 tech, Gallimore due a roster bonus after camp. Seems like the plan has been planned As of yesterday!

cnuball21

Reaction score
If Fehoko can get in the PB sammich plan and get to 290+ and become part of the 3T rotation it looks like a better pick.

My gripe would then turn into if we just did that with Chauncey why take a project?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Fehoko can get in the PB sammich plan and get to 290+ and become part of the 3T rotation it looks like a better pick.

My gripe would then turn into if we just did that with Chauncey why take a project?
He was 282 at his pro day. Many players come to the combine/pro-day lighter than their college playing weight because they want to have good measured times.

Golston was 269 pre-draft.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Plays with such a motor that he'll be a good culture piece, but you're not going to get much productivity out of him.

Good depth guy to have with position flex, but won't be much more than rotational. Either way, solid pick at that point.

J-man

Reaction score
He's a solid day 3 pick. Good run defender (which we need) and I love how he always keeps coming. He's a tweener but I think he will fit right into their idea of moving guys inside at times.